Just got into the hobby

1537500271243-849560247.jpg just got into the hobby about a month-and-a-half two months ago. Started off with some Paradigm bookshelves. My God them little speakers give big speakers a run for their money. Then got a Pioneer SX 3600. Then ran across some JBL 4312 from original owner all paperwork all Flyers. Then my buddy that's a Yamaha fanatic steered me in the direction of a Yamaha receiver. Got lucky and ran across the Yamaha CR 2040. Then bought a Yamaha natural sound direct-drive turntable YP D3 with a red M2 cartridge off of retired vibration analyst that goes through turntables and dial them in. I thought I'd be done now which I created my dream system luckily in a couple months. But now I want a couple more turntables with different cartridges. Where does it stop? Does it ever stop. LOL anyways hoping everybody is enjoying their evening!

15375020057381650614996.jpg thanks I feel like I've been very lucky to find the pieces that I found so quickly and I feel there very reasonably priced. The guy who I bought the 4312 is off of he didn't want to sell them his wife was making him sell them. he bought them brand new it was his first big purchase when he was 18 years old. I felt sorry for the guy he tried to talk them down on . His Craigslist ad said Matt even close to perfect. So when I met him he had them in back of a Suburban met him at his work an extension cord running inside then had him set up in the back of the Suburban with the back hatch open. When I looked at him I couldn't believe it. He looks sad he looks super sad. I drove up there in a truck with me and my wife he looks in the back of the truck and says they're not riding in the back of their. I said no they're riding up front with me. Then he says his wife's going to show up and make sure I sell them to you. Poor guy he said the wife said they weren't back allowed in the front room or the house. I would have made her leave and kept the speakers. I had to drive three hours to look at them and they're 95% mint.. All original said in the first 6 months he had a problem with the subwoofer so a new subwoofer was replaced buy a JBL dealer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom