Just moved. Need opinions on my new space.

Which speakers should I stick with for my space?

• RB-81II's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RP-160M's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NowBlasting

So this is my current living room layout I'm stuck with. Running a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's right now but I'm ordering a pair of Klipsch RP-160M's for shits and giggles. Here's a quick sketch of my living room dimensions. My Heresy's are about 6'-6" apart on center and toed in towards the center of my couch which puts me the listener about 9' away from my speakers...what do you guys think?

1110902.jpg

Use the Short Wall(13') with Your Speakers(Cornwalls?? or Forte III's) angled in the Corners.........Maybe Ditch the Couch and get a couple of Recliners :idea: with a Coffee or a single Table between the two New Chairs. ;)

Congrats on Your New Place.......Keep Us Posted with Pictures with whatever You Choose to do.

,Mike. :smoke:

Use the Short Wall(13') with Your Speakers(Cornwalls?? or Forte III's) angled in the Corners.........Maybe Ditch the Couch and get a couple of Recliners :idea: with a Coffee or a single Table between the two New Chairs. ;)

Congrats on Your New Place.......Keep Us Posted with Pictures with whatever You Choose to do.

,Mike. :smoke:
I had it setup with the speakers on each side of the fireplace in the corners but I don't want to mount my TV above the fireplace and with that setup my couch ends up being right in front of the door when you walk into my house. I'll never be satisfied until I build my own house!

I didn't know You had a Fireplace on that Wall.......I would put Your TV & System in front of Your Windows(no reflection from windows) and Your Couch where Your TV is at now.

Either way I would get Blackout Curtains for the Windows.........Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Good Luck with Setting Up Your Living Room.

Take it Easy, Mike. :smoke:

Alright guys so I moved things back to how I first had it setup just to show you and get some more opinions. Speakers are about 9 feet away (toed in) from my ears and about 9 feet apart from each other...the only thing I don't like is that my couch is in the middle of the room basically in front of my front door...
mcy8mx.jpg

Alright guys so I moved things back to how I first had it setup just to show you and get some more opinions. Speakers are about 9 feet away (toed in) from my ears and about 9 feet apart from each other...the only thing I don't like is that my couch is in the middle of the room basically in front of my front door...
mcy8mx.jpg
Door aside, Im confident that the room would sound better this way.

mcy8mx.jpg
That's probably the best, but I'd expect some pretty serious bass nulls (I don't know if you'd even be able to avoid it in any configuration though).

Could you move couch farther toward wall behind camera and add light listening chair(s) where couch is sitting? Chairs could be easier to move or swivel for audio or TV watching. Or sling chairs that could be easily withdrawn. I use reclined sling chairs with integral headrests. Fairly comfortable. Everyones tastes are different.
May be a chalanging room, but there are much worse, like a cube shape.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I might try to putbthe speakers and television on the side with the door and the big window, and put the couch where the TV is now.

Or, I would put it like you have it now, but move the couch closer in and make a closed box with the left side of the wall and aim the speakers toward the left a bit or just sit on the right end of the couch which would now be the center of the room. Solves the door problem ...

So as of right now I have my Forte II's along the wall with the TV instead of next to the fireplace and they seem to sound a lot better to me. More bass for sure. When I had them next to the fireplace their was an awful bass null...so frustrating.

mcy8mx.jpg
This is how I would set the Room up, and after playing with the same kind of room my self ....it is by far the best quality sound in my experience..... And if you don't use the fireplace you could move the television and stereo rack cabinet in front of the fireplace if you made a removable facade that would hide the fireplace completely... Number one this would cut down on your reflections while watching television number to you could lower the televisions so your neck is not strained looking up and instead looking more directly out in front of you number 2 you could stack those Klipsch's in each corner .. and Number 3 you could put a chair or two over where the television is now... and where the window is on right.... And then move the couch slightly closer to the speaker wall by about a foot and a half to have more room for access to the door

Definitely can be frustrating trying to obtain the sound you're looking for...... If you have several different speakers you could try the different speakers in different positions and then write down some notes or take video and Dictate some notes on video

This thread inspired me to tweak my living room today....moved my couch and rear speakers on my 5.1 setup........

NowBlasting, here's an option for you to try, very similar to my setup in 19' x 16' room - speakers on 19' wall with 8' window & half of back wall enters dining room. Advise elevating speakers to ear level as well.
1110902 by FrostEOne, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom