just picked up a Fisher 203

Van66

Tried as I may, couldn't turn it into a 500c lol. My dad had one in the 60's, I remember it fondly. I'm sure Sandy Nelson never sounded so good..........be that as it may I picked up a Fisher 203 along with a period matching TT today...... a Fisher/BSR PC 5 in great condition.. not the least bit impressed with that (crappy sound ) but the Stereo was a find......I think. Fully functional and sounds good. Was listening to a Sony SRT-6040 for quite some time but it has a low volume tape section with my Denon 700A. The phono sounds pretty good though, especially with decent TT.......in my case a Pioneer PL115D. Interesting to switch to the Fisher with about twice as many watts. A real improvement in both the phono section and the tape definitely better. The Sony might be a little warmer.......I just love all these little receivers though. True, not lowd but warm for sure. A real emotional experience if you care to listen. This is actually my first Fisher and I'm happy to find it. When I really got into audio in the early 80's Fisher was total junk and I wondered why my dad would have bought one given the fact he had big ass Wharfdales and later Ess Heils (he still has those). Of course now I get it. Yeah, that's why Pink Floyd sounded so good. Then there is always the feeling of being connected.................screw the ipod, screw the cd with it's unreadable liner notes................

Here are a couple. The Fisher 203 and The Fisher PC 5 Turntable. I think these were in storage a long time then donated. The TT is pretty clean (as in opposite of dirty) but the inside of the stereo has serious dust issues. Better get to it lol.

Attachments

• DSC_0005 (1).JPG
    DSC_0005 (1).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0004 (1).JPG
    DSC_0004 (1).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom