Just picked up non-working MX-1000: Help?

Most of the damage is going to be on those amplifier boards.

I'd be shocked to see two burnt channels. Unless someone else has been in there and screwed it up even worse.

Find a reputable tech. This unit is seriously damaged. Both channels are blown..

I think there is damage to both channels because there are burnt emitter resistors on both sub-boards. Is there any hope that the OPTs are working well?

View attachment 860516
View attachment 860517
View attachment 860519
I think most semis, among other things, will need to be replaced

If you are unsure about taking the board out of the chassis, you may want to read through some of the repair threads on this amp. This is PITA amp to work on and troubleshoot. Next, you should consider looking into the availability of a Yamaha resident tech....

My 2c

Look over all of those little green resistors standing on end. Those are all fusible resistors. Look for a dark blackened band around there center.

Find a reputable tech. This unit is seriously damaged. Both channels are blown..

I think most semis, among other things, will need to be replaced

If you are unsure about taking the board out of the chassis, you may want to read through some of the repair threads on this amp. This is PITA amp to work on and troubleshoot. Next, you should consider looking into the availability of a Yamaha resident tech....

My 2c

Know of any in Brooklyn or NYC? Damn...bit off more than I could chew :(

Outputs are around $3.50 each. There are 6 outputs per channel. I wouldn't trust any of them reguardless if they check good or not.

Look over all of those little green resistors standing on end. Those are all fusible resistors. Look for a dark blackened band around there center.

There are 2 on the right channel and 1 on the left channel that are suspect.

Back
Top Bottom