Just picked up RS3b's and I have a couple questions

LAD

IMG_0410.JPG IMG_0411.JPG Hello all just a couple quick questions on my recent RS3B purchase. I removed the woofers for a refoam and I would like to verify the wiring. Top woofer was wired as shown in the 1st pic. Neg wire to pos terminal. The bottom woofer was wired the opposite. According to the diagrams I found searching this forum this looks to be correct. The previous owner had refoamed the speakers and marked all the connections. I'm just trying to confirm for my own piece of mind.

Second question is removing the gunk from the old foam baffles around the tweeter and mid. Any suggestions that won't discolor the cabinets ?

Thanks in advance

Greetings. The woofers should be wired in series. Out from crossover to the + terminal of 1st woofer (could be either top or bottom woofer, doesn't matter), - terminal of 1st woofer to + terminal of 2nd woofer, - terminal of 2nd woofer to - binding post.

The glue from the old foam is stubborn. Goof Off will remove it, but it's messy, and almost anything you do will require a repaint of the front of the enclosure. Unless you're really good at putting new adhesive and a new foam pad right over the top of it. Depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.

Looks like the faceplate of your midrange is cracked around a couple of the screw holes. Usually available on ebay.
G~

Same situation here....i intend to put new foam over top of the gunk on my mine...just waiting to summon a bit of bravery. i hand rubbed the gunk down to a consistant presentable smoothness until summoned.. i have purchased 1/4" Solid Charcoal Regular Foam from The Foam Factory and have contact cement waiting for me.

Hopefully, someone who has gone through this before will chime in with some pointers on the process

Back
Top Bottom