Just picked up today. Pioneer

Chaz862

tx-9800II, sa-9500and sg-9500. Pretty good overall shape. Couple knobs on the sa-9500 little scratched up. One little nick on the wood on the tx. Might be getting another of the same tuner from guy at work. But shuts off. If I get it I’ll see if it’s in any better condition and decide what to do.
Now I need some advice on some speakers!?
FC650BD5-1C36-41FB-9028-C5B0CC29EF4F.jpegDon’t mind the sticker goo. I’ll get that tomorrow.

Another great choice would be speakers from the older DCM line such as TimeWindows, TimeFrames and the CX series 9,17,27,36. I have all but the DCM CX-36s and can say with full knowledge that they are great speakers.

What’s the best way to hook it together? I gotta get some rca cables. Read there are a couple ways to hook it up. Which is the best for this setup?

Before you evaluate ANY speakers on that system (which is a fine one BTW)--GET RID OF THAT DJ "SMILE" ON THE EQ. ALWAYS start at FLAT and go from there for room correction--not "correction" for junk speakers.

If you are a Pioneer "fanboy", hunt for some HPMs, but the price is climbing rapidly on them.

Have a pl-115d. Not sure on the needle/cartridge. Here’s a pic. If I need, what’s a good upgrade for punk/rock stuff. 54F44354-B770-4187-B2C4-27F2A20A4EF8.jpegSee m755. Shure e72 needle

Good stuff!
I use a similar Pioneer system in my office (SA9100 fully recapped) and I have rolled a lot of different speakers in and out over time. Many sound very good. For the most part the 2 or 3 way large bookshelf/stand speakers seem best including KLH (5, 6, 17, 23) , AR2ax, JBL's, EPI, Advent etc for vintage. boston Acoustics A series would be nice. Recently I found a couple different Dahlquist monitor series and they are outstanding with the Pioneer. HPM100 would be cool and at the 80/ch with the 9500 it should work fine. Many choices out there and if you buy smart, you can try out several and keep what you prefer. And yes, feel free to leave the EQ out for now.

Last edited:
Don’t see much around here for sale speakerwise. There is a set of paradigm reference 60 v2’s. How you think they would do with this amp? I do have a paradigm 12in sub hooked to my tv system I barely use.

It would help us to know your location. Maybe there is an AK member close to you that might have some speakers you can test drive

Back
Top Bottom