Just purchased my first Yamaha AVR

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just purchased a Yamaha Aventage RX-A770, my first Yamaha AVR. As I always do I purchased it from Crutchfield. My Onkyo TX-NR709's HDMI board died for the second and last time, goodbye Onkyo. Really looking forward to this Yamaha their audio gear has been an interest of mine since the 1980's.

Looks interesting, let us know how you like it. I have set up many friends and family members with Yamaha AVRs, all are very happy. My latest is a RXA-1020, I am very impressed for a one box solution.

I more or less decided when the Onkyo TX-NR709's HDMI board crapped out for the first time it was going to get replaced with a Yamaha. There was the recall that fixed the first HDMI failure they swapped out the HDMI board for a reworked one. The fix didn't even last a year. That was the end of Onkyo in my house.

The next thing I am going to do is finally after 30 years I am going to put my cherished Polk Monitor 10B's into semi-retirement and replace them with a pair of Polk Audio RTi 3A's. I already have a pair of them doing duty as my surrounds. The 10B's are completely rebuilt but they show their design age, early 1980's, they have trouble with the dynamic range of digital sources. These 3A's combined with my Klipsch subwoofer demonstrate how much speaker design has advanced over the years. The RTi 3A are about 1/4th the size and look better.

My choice was helped by the fact I have played a number of their excellent brass instruments they make really sweet Trombones. Their Euphoniums are the equal of the Boosey and Hawkes.

Back
Top Bottom