JVC does not get much respect

I currently have a JVC JA-S77 integrated amp that sounds pretty nice. How well does this amp compare to the A-X5 or A-X9?

Nice.....

View attachment 1161004

There's a little mention of it on thevintageknob but only in relation to the turntable it was paired with I think. Dual mono, very cool !

"JVC AX-V1 dual mono amplifier, JVC X-V1 20bitK2 CD player, JVC TD-V1 3 head cassette deck, JVC SX-V1 2 way loudspeaker. The front and top cover for all components is a one piece aluminium (like the PHILIPS mini 109) while the loudspeaker also has a metal front."

Taken from http://1001hifi.blogspot.co.nz/2016/

@Markoneswift

thank you for the Info well thats better then nothing seems its kind of very rare Amplifier and totally unknow outside
Japan well however in about 3 weeks ill pick up the Amp at Costum Duty Office in Hamburg - Harbour City
anyway the Amp is looking worth to check the Details in person cause Amp wasnt very expensiv
without import Tax and Transport costs from Japan which are extremly high lucky the Amp is a lightweight just
13,5Kg but Postageduty still 16000yen :rant::rant:
cheers
Wally

I currently have a JVC JA-S77 integrated amp that sounds pretty nice. How well does this amp compare to the A-X5 or A-X9?
Aloha

all the higher Victor/JVC Amps sounds nice guess some of the only Japanmarket Models sounds more nicer compare it to other Models i own in my ears
surely thats just subjective but try to trust my ears as i use for testing always the same speakers like Jbl-19 , 4301B ; 4312E, L90 or some Germany made
Kücke Linea 55B

Cheers

Wally

I haven't heard the S77, but own both the A-X5 & 9 integrateds. I've read 77 owners love their sound.
The 5 & 9 are superb. Very natural with plenty of power. Keep in mind, any vintage piece will probably need work at some point. These are also difficult to find, especially the A-X9's. If any of these, including the A-X7 become available, grab them.

Not too good to be true, This person actually acquired a huge warehouse full of NOS stereo gear and he has been selling it for a few years now I believe. I beleive there is a you tube vid..

That video is years old, and most of the items shown have been sold off. (I know its depressing) This video has been topic of many threads. :)

I would have loved to show up with a pocket full of cash, and leave with a truck full of goodies.

Oh I forgot, these little full range speakers are on TV duty. Well actually it’s a big monitor with an 8 watt per channel amp built in.
F5D07B64-4907-4D19-8695-7351DCC364A0.jpeg

I thought I blew up the M-L10 today when an antenna came out of its jack on the tuner and made contact with the jack as it fell down and made two loud POP POP sounds. I looked and the meter lights were red and the silence was deafening. I waited and watched for 7 long seconds and it clicked back on. Seems it could have cared less as the protection worked just as it should. I was the one worrying. I’m glad I had Tom B do some preventative maintenance on it a few months ago.

Last edited:
I thought I blew up the M-L10 today when an antenna came out of its jack on the tuner and made contact with the jack as it fell down and made two loud POP POP sounds. I looked and the meter lights were red and the silence was deafening. I waited and watched for 7 long seconds and it clicked back on. Seems it could have cared less as the protection worked just as it should. I was the one worrying. I’m glad I had Tom B do some preventative maintenance on it a few months ago.

Damn! Heart stopper! I'm sure you and Tom are quite relieved all is good.

Well, this is really not applicable to the thread in a way, but when I was in high school the lead dude said that JVC meant Junky Very Crappy and said that only Vector Research would be cool. I got Harmon/Kardon . :)

A

On the JVC note, I'm a little bummed out.I had contacted someone on Kijiji re a JVC JR-S401 (I am a big fan of this series of receivers) that was buried in his ad which showed a pair of crappy speakers.Several emails later,sale agreed and pick up time decided for today. Ad has now disappeared and he will not reply.:mad:

On the JVC note, I'm a little bummed out.I had contacted someone on Kijiji re a JVC JR-S401 (I am a big fan of this series of receivers) that was buried in his ad which showed a pair of crappy speakers.Several emails later,sale agreed and pick up time decided for today. Ad has now disappeared and he will not reply.:mad:
Seller with no scruples. Seems they cared about the coin, not the commitment to your sale agreement.
Keep looking, another will come along in better condition for a better price.

A few days ago I arranged to pickup some W70D's said to be stock and all working for $100 for the next evening. That morning seller calls and says previous caller is coming for pickup and he will call if sold and to come if no call. If previous caller doesn't want them for the price neither do I. And at this point I don't care to meet this seller either. So I tell the seller to shoot me a picture of the speakers minus grills. Seller says grills have never been off.
How many things are wrong the with sellers story?

Man, I HATE it when sellers do that. I had that happen to me recently too (non-audio related). Sadly, I've had this happen a few times with sellers I had an arrangement with. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Growing up, my uncle Pete had a JVC system he had bought (probably in the early 80s or very late 70s). I always thought it sounded spectacular. :) You are right, JVC does not receive a lot of credit

Back
Top Bottom