JVC/ Nivico SRP-471E-3

The arm on the Nivico is similar, but the bearing is quite different. I can honestly say the Nivico SRP-471E-3 is one of the best sounding tables ive ever heard. Im guessing due to the arm.
I'm guessing you probably want to sell your PL-6A?
I call dibs!

Oh boy. I just picked one of these up at an estate sale for $10. It doesn't work. The motor mounts are shot (they turned into a puffy goo) and it either the motor or the main drive wheel makings a rubbing, almost wheezing noise. The speed is incorrect, and the return functions may or may not be working.
I'm not sure if I have the wherewithal to fix it personally, but that double idler drive is so unique I had to pick it up. Both wheels are foam, not rubber, so the isolation should be really really good. And that case is just such a looker. Odds are, I'll save my pennies and get this baby fixed up, but if anybody thinks it's a relatively easy repair, let me know. I can solder, and I have rebuilt engines, so I probably have most of the skills, but I certainly don't have the experience here. Any thoughts a) on whether the table is worth a professional repair and b) whether there's any chance of doing this on my own? Of particular interest is sourcing the motor mounts. That I can see and think I can do.

Please let us know if you find a source for the motor mounts. I have one of these lovely turntables, too, and the motor mounts are just puddles of goo. I cannot even tell what their original size or shape was. It would be most helpful if someone who has good mounts could post a dimensioned sketch. Note that there are two different sizes. There are 3 of one size and 4 of the other size.
Rick

Please let us know if you find a source for the motor mounts. I have one of these lovely turntables, too, and the motor mounts are just puddles of goo. I cannot even tell what their original size or shape was. It would be most helpful if someone who has good mounts could post a dimensioned sketch. Note that there are two different sizes. There are 3 of one size and 4 of the other size.
Rick
That was my big concern. I could mount in some fairly standard neoprene washers or something along those lines, but I don't want to mess the alignment of anything. That whole issue makes me concerned about taking it apart and getting it back together. Thoughts are appreciated. It's a sweetheart of a deck.

That was my big concern. I could mount in some fairly standard neoprene washers or something along those lines, but I don't want to mess the alignment of anything. That whole issue makes me concerned about taking it apart and getting it back together. Thoughts are appreciated. It's a sweetheart of a deck.

Its worth getting fixed. This deck will blow your mind. Your double idler is foam?? Can we see a picture of yours?

Most of the idler wheels I've seen are like a hard rubber. The bigger wheel here is like, squishy. Any vibration that makes it to that thing will be dead in a hurry.

Attachments

• 1488853572987-181857183.jpg
    1488853572987-181857183.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 179
Most of the idler wheels I've seen are like a hard rubber. The bigger wheel here is like, squishy. Any vibration that makes it to that thing will be dead in a hurry.

I see. Mine looks just like that. Can we see a picture of the entire table?

Minor crack in the plexi, and a minor song or two in the wood, but a quick cleanup and it's a looker.

Attachments

• 1488855576176-91003463.jpg
    1488855576176-91003463.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 170
Very nice indeed. You can get that part replaced. And the glass too. I got my glass piece replaced.
Would it be strange or heresy to strip the automatic functions as much as possible and run it as a manual? I've heard tale that the best turntables are manuals because all of the extra gearing just creates more rumble and rattle and resistance for the tonearm. I usually wouldn't worry about it, as I prefer the automatic functions to having to remember to lift the needle when a side runs out, but if this thing sounds as good as people seem to think it does, it might be worth the extra effort?
Also: Did anybody else get the original 45 adapter with theirs? :)

Would it be strange or heresy to strip the automatic functions as much as possible and run it as a manual? I've heard tale that the best turntables are manuals because all of the extra gearing just creates more rumble and rattle and resistance for the tonearm. I usually wouldn't worry about it, as I prefer the automatic functions to having to remember to lift the needle when a side runs out, but if this thing sounds as good as people seem to think it does, it might be worth the extra effort?
Also: Did anybody else get the original 45 adapter with theirs? :)

My automatic function works great and doesnt hinder performance at all. And i have the original 45 adapter with mine.

Back
Top Bottom