JVC SK15AII old six way find

qboneus

are these worth anything?
one case is rough but the guy whom I purchased them from (garage sale) said he picked them up whilst he was in the military in europe and that he paid $400 in about 1970 for them.
there is a 15" sub, 2*4" mids, 2*11\2 tweeters and 1 super tweeter with a mid and high potentiometer to adjust levels.

The speaker array is impressive looking and ALL of the surrounds are in good condition.
Did I find something or did I find nothing ?

Thanks for all of your input.

I also picked up some old Telefunken oval shaped wood full ways that are really interesting.

Thanks,
Tal

I have not heard much if anything at all about vintage JVC speakers.
The true test would be to hook em up to your usual listening amp and see how they sound. Beautiful sound is, as they say, in the ear of the beholder.

Say, what part of Montana are you from? It would be fun to get a vintage listening party going sometime. PM me or reply back.

I am in Billings, Mt. and yourself?
Yeah you are the first montanan I have met here:)
vintage is vastly under appriciated here in Mt IMO
Many thrift stores in my area don't even put out the vintage stuff it either sits in their back room or is just discarded as un saleable:pity:
Tale care,
Tal

Tal,
I'm in Missoula. Vintage gear around here is so-so. I've seen some nice pieces at garage sales but mainly I get all of my gear from the pawn shops and second hand stores downtown. Rockin Rudy's Record Heaven is also a vintage/used gear reseller. Their pieces are very very clean and even warrantied and have reasonable prices, sometimes much less than dirtier pieces on eBay. I picked up a Yamaha CR-2020 in immaculate shape for $149 as well as a Kenwood KT-8300 tuner for $79 (which regularly sells on ebay for three to four times that!)
A great place that I've spotted vintage gear in MT as well is Bozeman, just about all of the pawn shops seemed to have had some nice stuff last time I was over.
If you are ever over in Missoula drop me an email or PM before you come, and we'll go hit the shops together. If I'm headed to Billings I'll let you know. Theres only one other guy here in Missoula that I know of that is as into the vintage gear as myself. We are trying to convert our close friends though :)
Jay

Back
Top Bottom