JVC stereo slide controls

patra710

I am working on a JVC R-S33 super A receiver. When testing I put an input signal in starting with 40hz. When working the slide control on the equalizer section only one channel would change on the scope. On the 250hz slide just one channel change. On 1Khz and 5Khz both channels change and in 15Khz just one. When doing this one channel would increase and decrease but the other channel would show no change. I did use DeoxIT fader before testing. So I took a couple of the sliders off and took them apart. Could my problem be with the slides? Thanks
slides 006.JPG slides 007.JPG slides 009.JPG slides 011.JPG

Normally, you use the D series to Deoxit prior to lubricate with Faderlube.

D100 is recommended for faders over D5 , because they are more fragile than pots about solvents that D5 contains..

Thanks mroboto
I did use some 3000 grit sandpaper, very lightly, to clean them up. Now they work. I went ahead and pulled the other three off to clean them up. Here a pic of them. the top one I haven't done yet and the bottom one I polished.
DSC08207.JPG

Thanks redk9258
I cleaned and installed the last three sliders and everything is working just fine. I am not sure if it was the cleaning of the sliders or when I solder them back in. Now I am wondering about the volume and balance, they are both sliders.

Back
Top Bottom