JVC TT-101 table speed issue.

gary7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Going to look a JVC table with a TT-101 platter/motor. Seller says it has a speed issue, that it won't hold constant speed. Is there and inherent issue with these table I need to be aware of. Fellow inherited it and doesn't know the history. It looks to be near mint. Any thoughts or suggestions?

JVC TT-101 was JVCs TOTL table quite complicated circuitry, is it 120v or 100v, check label on motor unit, if 100v it will need a step down transformer, might cause speed issues if used without stepdown, AK member JP knows a lot more than I do about that model maybe he will see thi

Yeah it at least needs a re-cap. Spins really fast when you push 33. Gave him $50 for it. I'll see about getting it worked on it within reason. Did not have the JVC 7045 arm.

QL-10A.jpg

Holy smokes, if you can get that working you got an amazing deal. I'd say anything under $500 today outlay and you're doing good. This is a direct contemporary of the DP-80.

Also will have to find one foot & 5 pin tonearm cable. This is not the UA-7045 arm that shows in the SM on vinylengine. Anyone have any idea who made it?

IMG_7940.JPG IMG_7941.JPG

I picked one up recently with the 7045 arm and love it. By far the best sounding TT I've ever owned. Fortunately mine had already been recapped, New bearing installed.. Up there with the very top dogs at Denon, Technics, Sony. Recap, clean and lube bearing and you have an end game table for chump change. Your tonearm looks nice, I wonder if that' a jewel?

I know I don't have the technical skill to do it myself. Any recommends to send it to?

You lucky sob even without the JVC 7045 arm that was hitting one out of the park, for what you payed I'd track down the original arm.

The fellow said it was his dad's and had been sitting for many years, I'll see if the speeds hold up, but will eventually get it re-capped

Often in the Japan market the TT-101 would be found running the longer UA-7082 back in the day,
this might be one of the best deals I have seen on a TT-101 you may just want to hold on to it.

Pull the platter and likely the wide rubber isolation ring on the underside will need to be reattached as they tend to
let go over time I used a transfer tape.

Often in the Japan market the TT-101 would be found running the longer UA-7082 back in the day,
this might be one of the best deals I have seen on a TT-101 you may just want to hold on to it.

Pull the platter and likely the wide rubber isolation ring on the underside will need to be reattached as they tend to
let go over time I used a transfer tape.
It seems to be fine, not loose at all.

Started acting up again. Now it goes backward & forward.

:( I don't know that there are very many techs competent enough to work on these beasts. Maybe look for someone who does a lot of the big denons or Technics SP tables?

There is a thread on these units at Audiogon, discussing someone repairing these. Don't know if you could track down an experienced person willing to work on your table that way. It is worth some investment. I have service manual if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom