Jvc xl-m600

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by R-2-R, Jun 29, 2011.

1. R-2-R

R-2-R AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have a JVC CD player model XL-M600 that I really like because of certain features but the unit has now malfunctioned and would like to have it repair'd if possible. What is specifically happening is that when you insert the magazine with CD's into the unit it just picks each CD in numerical order, does not play them then after the last one the unit doesn't do anything else?
    During this process none of the function buttons work.:scratch2:

Yes I know that I can buy another CD player but as mentioned before this one has particular features that I like so that is why I'd like to keep it.

I'd hate to get rid of it and would like to keep it if I can get it working again. Is there anyone that knows of a place that is honest, reliable and trustworthy that I can send it to, to have it fixed?

Thank you everyone for your time and response.

2. redk9258

redk9258 Super Member

Take the cover off and carefully look to see if there are any belts. Over many years, they stretch out, get glazed, etc. and slip. Watch how the mechanism works when loading. Maybe you could 'help' something with your finger or something at load time to see if it works.

3. henryx

henryx New Member

Seing your 6 years old post... same problem for me now. It sometimes loads, sometimes get stuck... opened it, could get my cd's out but would like to get it fixed... any pointers?

4. redk9258

redk9258 Super Member

Are there any belts in there? Maybe dried grease that needs cleaned and renewed after 30 years? I have never seen one of these in person. I cannot find a free service manual either.

5. henryx

henryx New Member

Belts look ok but appear to slip maybe. I wonder if there may have been some tensioning mechanism that got lose and went through many moving places... grease appear ok mostly... wonder if anyone has a unit working and could take a snapshot of the belt on the left side of the unit...

6. redk9258

redk9258 Super Member

Try putting a little silicone grease on your fingers and rub it on the belt. Believe iit or not, it will make that belt grab and then you will then know if you need a new one. I'm guessing yes.