KA-5700 distortion

djnaeye

Hey guys, Newbie poster to this forumn.My kenwood 5700 amp functions fine on all input selections (aux,tuner,tape mon. A & B) except the phono one where I am experiencing a noticeable power loss and quite noticeable distortion. I searched some older posts but didnt find any with quite this problem. I cleaned everything suggested in other posts(pots, switches,input jacks) with a contact cleaner I have since I havent found any deoxit yet.I've been using a cd player for my source and all other input sources are clear and strong with it hooked up. Do I have to have a turntable hooked up to this input or is the source not the problem. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks ,Dan.

You have to have a TT hooked up to the Phono. Otherwise if you plug something else in there you will hear a bad sound and could hurt the phono amp of the Kenwood.

You can find Deoxit at your local Guitar Center.

Wow, feel real dumb.Its only been about 20 years since I messed with this stuff.Hooked up the TT and its cranking now.Thanks much. Learned alot already reading all your guys info and tips. Hope I can help someone out someday.Thanks again,Dan

Guess I spoke to soon on my distortion problem. Rehooked the amp up late last night into my permanent system and once again I am getting a very distorded and low power soundfrom the phono output. Rechecked all connections this morning rehooked up cd player to all other inputs and everything is good there.Where do I try next??:scratch2:

Yes the ground is hooked up.I know it is nothing with turntable because I have hooked it up to another receiver and it works fine.Should I try more cleaning of the selector switch or is this something more of a electronic part problem.Not sure where to start looking if thats the case.

Back
Top Bottom