ka-6000 and kt-7000 in tha house, time to restore

Very cool, I could only get 4 x 1000uf's locally so I stuffed a board and used the cap to house the board.

I'll be getting your pics Thursday, I have been doing overtime on 2 marantz units and an st-70 build which are now all done.

Yeah, I wired it up tonight, it's all ready with the other caps you need as well.

Sweet dude!!! When do you think is good to come down and pick it all up so i can get this thing playing again??

Do you need that pic Sir.Byrd?

I need the pic actually, i've been doing the recap with the unit. Will is helping me out with big main cap since i really didn't know what to go about stuffing the old one or not so he did that for me. Which i thank ya man!!

Remember to set the bias! Once working and recapped these things have that vintage early 70's sound that just isn't heard in today's gear. I have mine hooked up to dynaco a-25's and they shake the house.

As promised

img5175p.jpg

The above board sits under this:

blackboxme.jpg

Pretty sure that is the pic you wanted.

To conclude I put the cap back in that had blown up, the replacement cap is underneath as the gray cap that was installed was shorter. It all worked out in the end.

img5176lf.jpg

The above board sits under this:

blackboxme.jpg

Pretty sure that is the pic you wanted.

To conclude I put the cap back in that had blown up, the replacement cap is underneath as the gray cap that was installed was shorter. It all worked out in the end.

img5176lf.jpg

Yes thats the pic that I wanted. Thanks!!! Figured out that the wires that i thought i soldered on were right but the ones i knew that were right are wrong according to your picture so idk what i will do. Maybe switch them like you amp.

I just got my 6000 working though!! Sounds awesome!! Though, have some issues, one is that when i flip the high-filter switch i lose the right channel, and also i hear more hiss in the right channel when its at idle with no source going into the amp.

Yes thats the pic that I wanted. Thanks!!! Figured out that the wires that i thought i soldered on were right but the ones i knew that were right are wrong according to your picture so idk what i will do. Maybe switch them like you amp.

I just got my 6000 working though!! Sounds awesome!! Though, have some issues, one is that when i flip the high-filter switch i lose the right channel, and also i hear more hiss in the right channel when its at idle with no source going into the amp.

Also, try cleaning those big switches, you told me you hadn't cleaned them yet.

Maybe due to the miswire?

IDK yet, i'm going to re-wire the wires as according to your amps wiring in the picture then we'll see. I think that board is for the phono amp anyways if i'm not mistaken?

Also, try cleaning those big switches, you told me you hadn't cleaned them yet.

Thats what i was thinking about doing. Prolly will later tonight and report back.

Due to the generous donation of ak's Grillebilly I now have the matching KC-6060 lab scope to complete my Kenwood trio. I can't thank the guy enough.

img5208wp.jpg

man that rig looks cool. What did you do to get the scope working? You're quite welcome and glad you are enjoying it.

Man im glad i found this thread, just landed a 6000, was running at the guys house, sounded nice at home but the phono stage was distorting. I only ran it initially to quick check it. After opening it up, the big coke can has a hole in it where its heart used to be.. i can get a 4000uf/100v easy enough and would reuse the bog can but the fibre base has the big drain hole in it. Maybe i can doctor it, will see. The piece of wood looks nice too. I figured i would fabricate a plate initially resized for thhe smaller replacement can. But the bigass can juts makes the looks.

Back
Top Bottom