KA-8004 and KA-7100 Arrivals

scimitar12

Earlier this month I got my first integrated, a KA-7100. I heard a lot of good things about the model and since I have never had an integrated I bought this item from the auction site. The unit sounds great. It is a bit neutral in sound as mentioned on this board but still provides a clear presence and only gets better as the volume is turned up. At very low volume it sounds a bit thin. I currently have the unit hooked up to my Polk RT7s.

And when it rains it pours. I also got a KA-8004 a few days ago. This one is special as I have had a KT-8005 for over five years. I've been waiting to find a companion integrated so when this one came along I couldn't wait to buy it. I have the tuner hooked along with my Advent 1s. I haven't had much of a chance to play with the 8004 but from what listening I've done I am very impressed with the sound quality. It is more warm than the 7001 and also provides a bit more bass. I had the tuner mounted on the 7001 but the appearance of the tuner on the 8004 is outstanding IMHO.

Actually I haven't played too much with the 7001 as well. I'll swap the speakers and see now they sound. Eventually I'll take them in for some professional cleaning too.
IMG_1942.JPG IMG_1937.JPG IMG_1940.JPG

That KT-8005 + KA-8004 combination is gorgeous!
A bunch of the early Kenwood gear is great as a stack. They made the wooden side burns fill the space between the units and the faceplates nearly touch when stacked. Seems to be the way they did things from the early champagne gear until they started making silver. KT-7000/KA-6000 set through the KT-8007/KA-8006 and all the smaller units in those lines, a few generations of gear. Basically 1969-1974 offerings and they made a number of accessory units to go with these. Scope denoiser and such.

That combo the OP has is sweet especially with all the black tips on the flip switches.

I would use the 8005 plugged into my receivers' aux jacks over the years but it just isn't the same as using Kenwood's integrateds.

Earlier this month I got my first integrated, a KA-7100. I heard a lot of good things about the model and since I have never had an integrated I bought this item from the auction site. The unit sounds great. It is a bit neutral in sound as mentioned on this board but still provides a clear presence and only gets better as the volume is turned up. At very low volume it sounds a bit thin. I currently have the unit hooked up to my Polk RT7s.

And when it rains it pours. I also got a KA-8004 a few days ago. This one is special as I have had a KT-8005 for over five years. I've been waiting to find a companion integrated so when this one came along I couldn't wait to buy it. I have the tuner hooked along with my Advent 1s. I haven't had much of a chance to play with the 8004 but from what listening I've done I am very impressed with the sound quality. It is more warm than the 7001 and also provides a bit more bass. I had the tuner mounted on the 7001 but the appearance of the tuner on the 8004 is outstanding IMHO.

Actually I haven't played too much with the 7001 as well. I'll swap the speakers and see now they sound. Eventually I'll take them in for some professional cleaning too.
View attachment 1143110 View attachment 1143113 View attachment 1143115

A bit of a late reply.
Nice set you got there.
Here is mine, got a problem with the tuner, it cuts out, will have to get it fixed.
I have two sets of speakers hooked up, one is a WEB VIP Major, the other is the Optimus T-110.
I also have a an REL Q108 MK II sub, they sound awesome.

P1040998 (1200x900).jpg

Back
Top Bottom