Ka 907

motorstereo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I brought this integrated home today and wow what a beast! Dual power supplies, copper chassis, 150wpc and lots of bells and whistles. I'm running a pair of 4ohm boston acoutics speakers and this amp seems to be an excellent match up with them. It seems to have a superb phono section as well. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has one or has any thoughts on it.

Attachments

• 2010_02240007.jpg
    2010_02240007.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 2010_02240008.jpg
    2010_02240008.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 53
Congrats on getting the last of the great beast integrated amps from the 70s!!

This was made from 1979 to 1980 only. Not many were ever made. Kenwoods are known for the great phono sections in their amps. I have a Kenwood KA-9100 that was the predecessor to the KA-907 and I love mine.

Hopefully I'll find a KA-907 one day!

Congrats

Hey that's great. Congrats. I've got one currently in my main rig. Love it, love it. Although I am using a Jolida JD9A to help drive a Benz MC. Seemed a little better than straight through the 907.

Wow thanks guys for all the quick responses. I thought it was quite a decent piece and I picked it up after only hearing it play on crappy test speakers. I'm really amazed at the phono section. It's one of the best sounding phono stages that I've heard on a vintage piece for sure. I got it at my local vintage audio store for a very fair price. He has a way of finding some of the nicest vintage gear and I usually get a phone call (I'm on speed dial) to come check out the latest goodie. I wanted this piece since I first saw it all covered in grime from years of non use and neglect. It amazes me how someone could let a unit like this sit unused for years. It is getting some needed exercise now though.

Here some impressions of Kenwoods limited edition with only 200 pieces around the world

KA-907G KT-917G

click for enlarge

goldandsilversbmp.jpg

:banana: :D

SoCal Sam; No mine didn't come with the handles; darn it. I imagine it would be next to impossible to source a pair but it would be great looking addition for sure.

RuffyLuffy thanks for the pics of the 907G. The 907G is even more impressive looking than the the stock 907. Is that your G in the pics? Is there any internal differences between the G and the stock 907?

Selected parts and encapsulated potentiometers, controls, that said Kenwood

In fakt I don't see big differences, only the weight of the limeted KA-907 is 1500gramms heavier than the stock 907. (without handles) also the KT-917 is a bit heavier than the normal one. I had 3 normal KA-907 and one normal KT-917 before. I sold it once the limeted set arrived.

I have been happy with the 907 for several years, and also think the phono section is quite good and versatile. The other day I substituted an adcom gfa 545II amp and an audio research sp 9 pre amp in place of the 907 and was floored with how much greater detail, depth and richness of sound I was getting from my turntable. My unit has been restored but I am thinking that at least in my set up, it ain't number 1 anymore. Norm

I have been happy with the 907 for several years, and also think the phono section is quite good and versatile. The other day I substituted an adcom gfa 545II amp and an audio research sp 9 pre amp in place of the 907 and was floored with how much greater detail, depth and richness of sound I was getting from my turntable. My unit has been restored but I am thinking that at least in my set up, it ain't number 1 anymore. Norm

Well you just let me know if you need a remedy! :thmbsp: :scratch2: :smoke:

Nice amp Motorstereo!

Thank you. I've had a bit of trouble with it though since I last posted. It started cycling through it's protection circuit for no apparent reason. Sometimes it would go a couple of hours with no problem and then it started getting more frequent. Once it cycled it would play fine again for a while. I didn't want to damage the unit by running it like this so I'm having it looked at right now. I do hope it's nothing serious as I really like this old Kenwood.

Back
Top Bottom