KAB's Poly-Glass Mat

welcomdmat

I did a couple of searches trying to find out some more, but I don't see any posts.

I was over at KAB's site looking for a new power cord. I looked over at their mats, and Kevin had a Poly-Glass mat next to his Poly-Metal mat. The poly-glass design sounds a bit like what SOTA does with some of their models.

It is more expensive than the Poly-Metal, but I think the design sounds pretty solid.

Has anyone taken a look at it before?

It seemed odd that no one had purchased KAB's newest upgrade for the 1200MK2, so I bought it. I have been a hard sell on the benefit of mats over the original, thick mat. I bought a fist full of Kevin's upgrades, and I will try to break them down one at a time.

I purchased the
TD-1200 fluid damper
RC-1200 record clamp
PS-1200 power supply (separate from the strobe switch or regulator. I have the regulator, and I cannot imagine 4am albums without the glow of the strobe)
And finally the Poly-Glass Mat

i have the poly metal, on a MK5, i recently realized how much wider and deeper the soundstage is without the stock rubber mat on top, the low end is faster also, not as deep as the rubber mat, but cleaner and faster. i love it, the poly should be great also.

I was over at Kevin's the other day, the Poly-glass platter mat is very new and probably not many people have bought and tried one yet.
It does reduce platter ring, so it becomes quite dead and probably will work on any metal patter. It also can be used alone, without a rubber mat on top of the poly-glass mat.
Kevin is also working on a new thrust plate and should have that ready fairly soon, will half the friction of the regular thrust plate, which on most of the 1200's out there probably have a fair amount of wear already.

I was over at Kevin's the other day, the Poly-glass platter mat is very new and probably not many people have bought and tried one yet.
It does reduce platter ring, so it becomes quite dead and probably will work on any metal patter. It also can be used alone, without a rubber mat on top of the poly-glass mat.
Kevin is also working on a new thrust plate and should have that ready fairly soon, will half the friction of the regular thrust plate, which on most of the 1200's out there probably have a fair amount of wear already.

Wonder how that would help with the rek o kut

Back
Top Bottom