Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

My keyboard's messing up, too. :D Not that it caused the number switch.

I'm putting a new mechanical Corsair on the PC here in a few minutes.

Eric in KC, what are those blue things under four pieces of gear?

Barb and I had a blast, and are grateful for conversation, tunes, food and drink! Especially grateful to our wonderful hosts!! I hope we do it again soon.

Hey
Yes, I'm a happy camper. Definitely a step in the right direction.
The little blue things are rubber/foam blocks. I cant remember off hand who made them but I bought a whole case (48 pcs.) For cheap. I don't know if they help but they make me feel like I did something good. $.53 how could I go wrong. Eric

Hey
15395586064536347694966033140586.jpg
You might also Google E.V.A mp2e. Don't buy off of ebay. Go to the seller that's selling fo .50 a piece. Eric

Hey
Yes, I'm a happy camper. Definitely a step in the right direction.
The little blue things are rubber/foam blocks. I cant remember off hand who made them but I bought a whole case (48 pcs.) For cheap. I don't know if they help but they make me feel like I did something good. $.53 how could I go wrong. Eric

They look good! Cheap is good too! OK, I can see from the photo that they are anti-vibration pads. I have something similar under my computer.

And here's the final batch.

I've missed the last few gatherings so it was good seeing old friends and meeting new friends. It's the people as much as the gear that keeps me coming back.
Now it's time to warm up the tuner so I can listen to the Chiefs play Brady.

MrBill

Attachments

• 10-13-18_17.jpg
    10-13-18_17.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 10-13-18_18.jpg
    10-13-18_18.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 10-13-18_19.jpg
    10-13-18_19.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 10-13-18_20.jpg
    10-13-18_20.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 10-13-18_21.jpg
    10-13-18_21.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 31
Those blue blocks are aka HVAC vibration pads. Find em online or at a HVAC supplier. Cheap and good for not only isolation but getting air under the gear. Litefootdan tuned me on to those.

Last edited:
Michele and I had a great time Saturday. Fantastic meeting everyone and thanks Erin and Eric for opening your home and letting us listen to your wonderful set up!

I gotta say that Marantz 7 preamp that MrBill had sounded sweet. It was feeding Kurtgo's very nice digital amps that certainly would have shown any flaws had there been any, but the whole setup sounded really great. Makes me want to go back to the Ampex pre that Jaymanaa restored for me and I haven't been using for awhile. :idea:

What fun just went to hook up our amerita audio summits and found a blown woofer & very expensive vifa dome mid. The tweeter is also not sounding too good. Totally trashed pair of speaks was not what i was looking fwd to. I asked that people not use these for test speakers and power off unhooking but oh well. $400.00 worth of mids & at least one peerless 10' down the ****ing toilet. Can anyone please elaborate on what may have occurred to do this. I am having a memory of an SAE amp with a bad ch. **** me.

Back
Top Bottom