Kansas City Spring Get Together

A big, sincere Thank You to our hosts Jay and Mrs. Jay. Also, thanks to the many who helped with food, drink, tables, tents, etc. It was my second time and I feel like I should do more to help. It's always like meeting old friends you never knew?!?

I'll try to attach a few pics. If I reduced my pixels enough, they will appear below.

MrBill KC

Attachments

• Host-Jay.jpg
    Host-Jay.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 52
  • unclaimed-nametag.jpg
    unclaimed-nametag.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 198
  • more-parts.jpg
    more-parts.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 68
  • more-stuff.jpg
    more-stuff.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 73
Many thanks to Jay and Suzi for their hospitality, and to TOO LOUD!!! for the food preps. Tox, nice job on the name tags. For those of us with CRS syndrome, it was a blessing. I'd have taken more pics, but I was busy listening.:music:

RayW helping with the load in.
IMG_0700_edited.jpg

Retro Stereo checking out the specs of his new amp.
IMG_0706_edited.jpg

Terry, with his pride and joy.
IMG_0701_edited.jpg

A better view of the team effort between Jay and Terry. They sound as good as they look.
IMG_0703_edited.jpg
:drool:

Army in the sweet spot.
IMG_0705_edited.jpg

It was a treat to see some good old friends, and meet new ones.

Ken

Last edited:
I thought it was only fitting that I brought the amps back so Jay could suck up a little glory - He deserves it! :yes: Besides a darn good time,one of the things I enjoy about these happenings is the combined electronic and acoustic brain power present.If yer kinda challenged like me,you can pick up a lot of info in a short conversation.Thanks again to all that make this such a fun hobby.Heck,we even had a Chinook three-helicopter flyover!

some kind of JBL's

Dorian.

that someone slept behind the night before (who was that? :D);

That'd be me. Of note, there's an AC vent behind where the Conns are sitting. With the air matress (blue thing just visible behind the right speaker) in place it focused the AC right on me. It's was nippy. I couldn't even get the dogs to snuggle up with me there.

top center, Forte amp; top left, Jay's tube pre.

Don't forget the Boomboxa Rustica! :lmao:

Oh yeah, in case I didn't say it somewhere else...Thanks Jay and Suzie!!

Ray

Don't forget the Boomboxa Rustica! :lmao:

I wondered what that plywood player was but was afraid to ask. I may have to bring the Cro-Mag Cave Blaster next time for a head to head competition. :scratch2: It has the advantage of a tuner, which picks up NPR (National Paleolithic Radio). :D

Had an excellent time, Jay and Suzi are the perfect host to put up with everything. Visiting with like minded people helps, uhh, reaffirm my sanity. Always fun to look at equipment and get flask backs of being in the stereo shops 30 plus years ago. The heart breaking part is having to resist buying something.
Thanks again everyone !

PS I am still astonished at how VERY cool Terry's amps looked, words and photos just start to do them justice.

Urizen's pic of the Conns is my new desktop background here at the orifice. Man I'm not in the mood to work after hearing and seeing all that great gear and BSing about audio all day. Drat.

attachment.php

Oh crap, now we're in trouble! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao:

And I thought I was bad.

Looks like you all had a great time! Heck, I didn't recognize Greg after the cut. He shines up like a new penny! :thmbsp: I'm gonna have to make the next one, Jay! :yes:

Urizen's pic of the Conns is my new desktop background here at the orifice. Man I'm not in the mood to work after hearing and seeing all that great gear and BSing about audio all day. Drat.

He only had to wait a little over a year for those too, can you believe I'm that fast.:D I was blessed with a downpour this morning that officially rained out the whole day. (it's good when you're the guy that decides rain-outs).:yes:

I wondered why you were on AK and not working today, I'm off every Monday. Had a great time picked up some new projects for the pile when I'm bored. Thanks for hosting can't wait for the next one.

He only had to wait a little over a year for those too, can you believe I'm that fast.:D I was blessed with a downpour this morning that officially rained out the whole day. (it's good when you're the guy that decides rain-outs).:yes:

Had a torrential downpour this morning, but I had the pleasure of doing the Hwy. 63 Grand Prix in it to get to work. :rolleyes:

I just replaced all the coupling caps in the stromberg carlson I picked up at jays (pick in post 223) it allready had new can caps installed at some point.
It is sounding good on aux but still low on fm, am is strong. little more work before the fall shindig:thmbsp:

I've often had trouble with those very old FM sets. Could be a weak oscillator tube, or a resistor out of spec around the oscillator section. But I don't know Jack, I've never been good at the FM sections.

Back
Top Bottom