Kappa 6.1 Tweeter Blown ? Help Please

Quick Update : After I removed screws I could not separate faceplate .. Glued .. I applied considerable force but couldn't budge ..
Plastic face plate is thin and felt like it would break under pressure .. No concern for messing up what is already toast .. Its just that when I get new tweeter Im not going to want to risk it . So Ive decided what Im going to do is grab a suitable replacement ASAP and use it till I find one with Kappa Series 2 faceplate .. Then I will instal it and sell the one I buy now .. Not that it really matters when you Listnnthdark ..

They are sometimes glued on, you have to apply slow even pressure as to stretch the glue without breaking the faceplate to remove it.

keep in mind if you bought a replacement diaphragm from infinity years ago when they were in stock you had to remove the faceplate to install it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it then I would just go ahead with what you said above, good luck!

Last edited:
Yep I would not even attempt replacement of diaphragm . Id just get anther tweeter attach the clips and close her up . No Muss no fuss ..
I think the 2 you have mentioned are the only Kappa Emit Rs currently available ( closest logo to ones I have ) Well see .. :thumbsup:

FYI, all EMIT-Rs are the same except for the Delta series, which were designed to mount on the edge of the cabinet. Stay away from those and you'll be fine.

SUCCESS My "new " tweeters arrived today . Installed new one They are back up and singing again ..
and all is right with the world .. Ok that may going too far but at least they are in my little corner ..
Thanks all .. and Special thanks Okieteekid !

SUCCESS My "new " tweeters arrived today . Installed new one They are back up and singing again ..
and all is right with the world .. Ok that may going too far but at least they are in my little corner ..
Thanks all .. and Special thanks Okieteekid !
You're welcome, glad I could help.

I am glad to here that your speakers are "singing" again, I had the same issue with my RS 1.5`s. I tried to repair the diaphragm while I was waiting on e-bay, no luck with that one. Since your up and running, you should take the bad one apart and take a look, might be fixable. At the very least , you will get the see for yourself what you were being warned about, "taking out the wrong screws" ! Man, you just won`t believe how strong those little magnets are.

Thanks thermo ! Boy am I glad to have them back :banana:

Right ... cant do any harm now .. Some day in near furure I will do new exploratory surgery just for giggles
When I do perhaps it might be useful to show Emit-R discection photos here ..
But I sure found out the power of that little magnet ..
When I opened them I placed the 2 new ones too close together and BANG . !! :beerchug: no harm done but lesson learned .
Living without Music aint good . :rant: Especially during " The most wonderful time of the year " :no:
Makes me think I need to get something for back up .. don't have much space but the RS 6B would be nice to have just in case
( Waay back in the day I had considered them in showroom but they were just too much $ )
Having my 6.1 back up and singing reminded me of how wonderful they are ..
For anyone interested I can highly recommend the recording on Youtube of Buddy Emmons playing "Shenandoah " on Pedal Steel Guitar :angel::music::angel:
those emits make that instrument sound incredible ( when well recorded )
:beerchug: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom