Kappa 6 crossover pot question

432HzBob

Lunatic Member
Hey anybody,
Need clarification please.... :deal:

I'm running QB woofer, Crescendo mid and Emit-R through a custom cab and a Kappa 6 XO.
Each driver is +/- 4 Ohm off the leads and the Kappa xo is rated for 4 as well.
Reads 3.6 Ohm overall..
I run these off a Luxman R113, 115, 1120 and Adcom at various times, all but the 113 which drive them to decently clear and loud.

I experiment with the xo pots and can;t really tell much any difference in their sound.
Is it supposed to be that subtle?

And does each pot affect the actual volume of the drivers or change the freq between each?
I can find nothing in their literature to make this clear..

I'm trying to bring out the best of these mids and highs in a difficult, vaulted wood-wood floored upstairs room.
Turntable isolation has proven much harder. :idea:
Thanks Infinity gurus! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Hey anybody,
Need clarification please.... :deal:

I'm running QB woofer, Crescendo mid and Emit-R through a custom cab and a Kappa 6 XO.
Each driver is +/- 4 Ohm off the leads and the Kappa xo is rated for 4 as well.
Reads 3.6 Ohm overall..
I run these off a Luxman R113, 115, 1120 and Adcom at various times, all but the 113 which drive them to decently clear and loud.

I experiment with the xo pots and can;t really tell much any difference in their sound.
Is it supposed to be that subtle?

It's at least a couple of dB, you should be able to hear it.

And does each pot affect the actual volume of the drivers or change the freq between each?
I can find nothing in their literature to make this clear..

Because they are not true L-Pads they do both, but their function is to adjust the level of the drivers.

I'm trying to bring out the best of these mids and highs in a difficult, vaulted wood-wood floored upstairs room.
Turntable isolation has proven much harder. :idea:

Getting them higher in the air or further from corners and walls might help.
Thanks Infinity gurus! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom