KAPPA 7 FIND!!!

Depecheduran

So I made a stop at my local GW store today (an unplanned, because it was a trip to the doc office and was an on my way home stop.) Anyway... I was not expecting to find anything too exciting and BOOM! A pair of Infinity Kappa 7 Speakers! $24.99!!! Now they do need work but at the $24.99 price there is no complaining! 15249459568451937089136.jpg

Yes I do... and they don't look bad. A couple snags in the fabric and a little dusty. Nothing broken. I plan on using my Kenwood KA 801. I hear these speakers are power hungry. Would the 110 wpc be enough?

Nice one!

Their efficiency is rated at 88dB. 110wpc should be just fine as long as you're not looking to blast them at ear-damaging levels.

I don't know... I might want to do just that on occasion. Should my windows be afraid? Or my neighbors? Or the cat?

Very nice speakers (when working properly, and paired with a capable amp) !
Here`s a few specs on them :

http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Kappa_7.1_technical_sheet.pdf
Kappa_7.1_technical_sheet.pdf

Great score! I would have gotten those for $24.99. The woofers will be simple to fix. Millersound for the mids. Tweets work?
I like putting non-working speakers back into circulation again. I'd like to get a set of Kappas some day. Have fun!

Larry D.

Thanks for the specs Maxxvolume! And idadude, it seems like Millersound is the common theme that I've been hearing on the polydomes. I have some cabinet work to do too. This chip is the worst of it.15251238575511094513401.jpg

Nice speakers, great price! Like buying 1 tweeter and getting everything else free. And in the rare black stained oak, cool. (Nice puppy, is it a pit?)

kappa 7 not power hungry!! Kappa 8's are a little inefficient... 9's are the ones that eat up power. Ive run kappa 7's off 40watt receivers before however they open up with 100wpc. amps...good luck

I just had my Kappa 9 polydomes done by MIllersound, Real nice folks to deal with. I believe it was $183 total for the pair and that included return shipping. They said 3 weeks and I actually received them back in less than a week. Follow their packing instructions and you will be thrilled with the results.

kappa 7 not power hungry!! Kappa 8's are a little inefficient... 9's are the ones that eat up power. Ive run kappa 7's off 40watt receivers before however they open up with 100wpc. amps...good luck

Good to know... Got the estimate from Stereo Hospital and I may need to bend the child labor laws to pay off the $500 bill for the 801. It will be worth every penny though.

I just had my Kappa 9 polydomes done by MIllersound, Real nice folks to deal with. I believe it was $183 total for the pair and that included return shipping. They said 3 weeks and I actually received them back in less than a week. Follow their packing instructions and you will be thrilled with the results.

Seems like the best way to go all around. That includes the price.

Back
Top Bottom