Kappa 7 vs Kappa 7a

try1256

Hi gang! I have a nice set of the Kappa 7's and am really enjoying them. I frequently see references online to 7 and 7a. What changed between the 7 & 7a and how do I tell which one I have? Thanks!

I asked that same question awhile back. Many responses concerning this model and other models including the Kappa .1 models. Everyone indicated that they could not find or hear a difference between the Standard and the A models.
Maybe someone may have further information and will see this post. I'm certainly curious.

I've never heard either so I can't comment on them. But I found an interesting site a while ago, where a guy restores a pair of Kappa 7a's. He said that the difference lies in the crossovers. The Kappa 7 crosses over to the woofer at 600 and the EMIT at 4500 and the Kappa 7a at 800 and 7000. Not sure how accurate it is though, If nothing else it's an interesting read.

http://www.soundfountain.com/infinity/kappa7a_3.html

Thank you musicman95! Great article and useful information for 7 kappa owners. I have the Standard model. This answers a few questions I had, do to using a polycone instead of the polydome.

Last edited:
Are they both ported? Neither ported? My 6.1's are ported but I don't think the 6's are. What a superb article thanks for sharing that mm95. I saved it as a word document for future reference. So much useful info there.

They are both sealed. None of the original Kappa series were ported. The .1 series Kappas are very different from the originals: different cabinets, ported woofers, Emit-Rs instead of Ks, etc. I have Kappa6s myself, wouldn't trade em for anything. Happy listening :music:

Back
Top Bottom