Kappy 9a Binding Post Help

dastro

I recently purchased a nice pair of Kappa 9a's. I have to say, after recently owning (still owning) B&W 801 Nautilus, B&W 801 Series 2, and B&W 802 Series 2, the 9s are a breath of beautifully fresh, fun air. Where the BWs are mostly sterile and analytical, the 9s are perfectly musical with an astonishing soundstage and world class dynamics. One of my favorite things about them is that they retain their tonal balance at ANY level.

Anyways, one of the negative binding posts is sheered off. After pulling a woofer to take a look at the crossover, it looks like the crossover has 2 layers and the wiring for posts are on the bottom, which prevents access to replace them.

Can anyone chime in and tell me if I'm wrong or the best way to replace the terminal?

Thanks!

Hello congrats on your K9s. Your in good company as I have had my K9s going on 3 years and continues to surprise me. I'm am sure someone will chime in on this. I think it has happened to other members before. We like pictures also.

It's pretty tight, you can separate them but it takes care and patience. If I remember right you've got to unsolder the 4 contact points on the upper plate to start. If you need a complete negative binding post I have a Kappa 8 backplate in my Idiot boxes. I can pull one out if you need one. Should be the same as the Kappa 9. I'll send it to you free if you'd like.

7.62, thanks for the offer, but this may be above my pay grade! I was able to make a fairly secure connection even though it is broken. At some point I'll probably upgrade both speakers to Cardas posts.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom