Karlisas Family

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Here is Karlisas Story.

I don't know where to start but here goes nothing. I've had 2 miscarriages before I got my little miracle child. No one expected anything different this time but God had other plans. Once I found out about the pregnancy I was advised not to work because of the two miscarriages before.

This is my miracle baby that no one expected to make it. I have no help from the father and I really need help with the baby. I would love to give my baby a nice first Christmas but I really need a little help right now with making that happen for him.

I can't get my old job back now. I moved in with my mother who was also unable to work because of a bad auto accident. So she can't help me right now but thankfully we have a roof over our heads.

Today I met up with Karlisa and met her beautiful 3 month old little boy. She was so excited when she started looking at all the learning toys for her son. In our conversation while shopping she did say that the pregnancy was difficult and I suspect that he may have some special needs because she talked about some of the educational toys that people suggested she get. She picked out one toy that will grow with him, it had lots of lights, sounds, music, and knobs all over it and when she was trying it out her son was mesmerized by it.

About this time a woman started walking toward us and I was introduced to Karlisas mother. She had been waiting in the car but got cold and came in to see how things were going. I was able to talk with Karlisas mother while Karlisa shopped for a snow suit for her son. She asked me if Karlisa had told me that she really needed a coat, I said no, and her mom said she was not surprised because she doesn't like to ask for anything. Well at this point I knew that we needed to figure out a way to get this young woman a coat while trying to stay close to our budget.

I suggested that we just take a look at a coat for her. After about 10 minutes she found a coat, with no tags, so I went up to the customer service counter and after sweet talking them I was able to get them to price the coat at $20. I was so happy that at the end of our trip that Karlisa was so happy that she was able to get her son toys and a snow suit and she was able to get herself a coat. And I was really happy that I only went over budget by $5.

It was a beautiful way to spend the afternoon with a beautiful young lady who is determined to support herself and her son very soon. She has realistic dreams and knows that it isn't going to be easy but her mom is there for her and she for her mother who needs her help right now too. Thank you for allowing me to meet this young lady and putting a smile on her face.

Great story Ms. Grump! Total BS when the dad is of no help, I hope she uses the system to get child support enacted. I have a single neighbor who refuses to go after child support because it means he will have to be in their lives. I disagree and tell her it's not for you it's for your child. Take the monthly money and put in an early college fund at least. I hope Karlisas and her child have a Merry Christmas!

Her mother is a great support for Karlisa and is making sure that she goes after the dad. But she is also teaching her that she is a wonderful mom and can raise her son with or without the baby's daddy. Who I understand kicked this young lady out without anything. She learned today that even strangers care.

A heart warming read on a sub zero night. God Bless Karlie's, her family and you MsG.
Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom