Katy Perry, 1st, 100 million, twitter

In her latest video, Katy -Who must REALLY, REALLY trust her makeup artistes, has her fun pillows rigged to simulate a fireworks display. Yeah. Shit that makes Me hurt. don't care HOW much you paid me, NO set of fireworks is gettin' anywhere NEAR that kind of nonsense.. I kinda feel if you are STUPID enuf to try such a trick, you pretty much are kinda ASKIN' for it.. I also wonder how hard you'd need to be able to bang 'em together, & watch the Fire fly outta 'em...... Yes, I'm SICK-, but admit it-YOU g thought that was pretty AWESOME...

It's all CGI, no real fireworks strapped to anyone.

Here we are posting about how and why some pop star has become so popular, yet we still are buying Pink Floyd and Boston records, all the while ignoring (for the most part) the important issues and voices of today.

Here we are posting about how and why some pop star has become so popular, yet we still are buying Pink Floyd and Boston records, all the while ignoring (for the most part) the important issues and voices of today.

Bam!

So glad I stopped.
It wasn't easy either.
You get set in your ways and all that bright new stuff of the 60/70's slowly fades to grey while bright new stuff is exploding all around to your oblivious eyes everyday.

I'm not sure. What do you think?

according to Pyscology Today:

"we love celebrities because they are an integral part of culture. They have made it in the worldview we are so entrenched in. By worshipping them (to an extent), we feel as if we are participating in this hugely important cause/belief system. And that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy, and like our life matters (and in turn, death doesn't sting as much)."

Sorry folks, we all have to stop posting in this thread and go watch the news. Cause, apparently, we are a bunch of simpletons who can only do one or the other LOL

Gosh, I'd better get busy composing a thoughtful & heartfelt "thank you" card for Katy.

or simply push pass your emotional response to social media and celebrity and look to understand both...

nothing is intrinsically good nor bad

unless, of course, you are like me and simply see the human spices as inherently failed

but even so, although hero worship may be representative of this failure, the existence of social communication tools for a social animal is not.

or simply push pass your emotional response to social media and celebrity and look to understand both...

nothing is intrinsically good nor bad

unless, of course, you are like me and simply see the human spices as inherently failed

but even so, although hero worship may be representative of this failure, the existence of social communication tools for a social animal is not.
If the human species is a failure, what was our collective mission ?

I hope that doesn't sound rude.

I can't really share my world view on AK. It has to do with core belief systems (like 'religion').

What you call a "failure"....I think of it as a 'fallen state'.

I marvel at the 'extreme wrongness' of it. I have emotional reaction to things that happen.

I don't see how anyone could maintain any interest in anything, if they are completely emotionally detached.

I understand the Nihilist point of view. I became a 'believer' based on a series of personal epiphanies that many would consider to be symptoms of schizophrenia. I share this just to be honest. If people don't want to have anything to do me, just because I might be crazy, that's okay with me.

But for now, I must watch Katy Perry's safety bumpers explode (my first viewing).

My critique;

Last edited:
If the human species is a failure, what was our collective mission ?

I hope that doesn't sound rude.

I can't really share my world view on AK. It has to do with core belief systems (like 'religion').

feel free to PM me.

Not rude in any way

collective mission? That's the thing, there is none.

we, as a self absorbed species, like to think there is.

I would say this celebrity stuff is beneath me...except I've slept in the same motel room as Taylor Swift.

She wasn't there, actually she hadn't been there for 8 years.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/52...on-rooks-county-fair-2007?artist=Taylor+Swift

She stayed in a room at the M Motel. They refer to it as the Taylor Swift Suite. It's an ordinary, middle of nowhere motel.

The night I stayed there, there were only two people in the entire place. They presented the room key with grandeur, and told me the story.

I refrained from asking if it was the same bed, same bedding, etc.

I'm willing to sign autographs.

Last edited:
We can, all of us, tut-tut, & bemoan the fact that our rancid society objectifies women, & dermeans them, simply because most men are Trolls who are stuck back in Neanderthal times.. And Ms Katy makes an incredible amount of Filthy Lucre simply because her mammary glands happen to be placed on her chest in such a way that shows them off to their best advantage, too bad for all you flat chested, skinny arsed women... Lost out Again to a dumb bimbette w/Bodacious TaTas....... Dollar to a donut sez there is at least One nest of Grandaddy Long-Legs that has Set up Shop next to 'em....(grin)

I would say this celebrity stuff is beneath me...except I've slept in the same motel room as Taylor Swift.

She wasn't there, actually she hadn't been there for 8 years.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/52...on-rooks-county-fair-2007?artist=Taylor+Swift

She stayed in a room at the M Motel. They refer to it as the Taylor Swift Suite. It's an ordinary, middle of nowhere motel.

The night I stayed there, there were only two people in the entire place. They presented the room key with grandeur, and told me the story.

I refrained from asking if it was the same bed, same bedding, etc.

I'm willing to sign autographs.

No thanks, but I will follow you on Twitter :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Well I would if I knew how to tweet ;)

Well I would if I knew how to tweet ;)

My recommendation, take the 30 seconds it takes to learn.

An excellent communication tool. Personally, I never tweet. I do however follow a select group of people who keep me informed on specialty interests and news/government.

I think many folks have a very distorted image of just what Twitter is and how it need not be tween event alert machine.

Same with Facebook. An excellent socialization platform.

As with most anything, it's what you make it.

Back
Top Bottom