Katy Perry, 1st, 100 million, twitter

I use FB but on a limited basis, there are just not enough hours in the day. But I do have the fake news on all day while working, I work in the financial industry so I need to know what is going on, be it real or fake ;)

I use FB but on a limited basis, there are just not enough hours in the day. But I do have the fake news on all day while working, I work in the financial industry so I need to know what is going on, be it real or fake ;)

I had to laugh reading this at the use of the term "fake news."

I was going to mention "news" in my post but felt that as of the last few months, all news is now considered political.

I was racking my brain on how to say it but figured anyway would result in a political statement.

Maybe the term "current events" is best? lol

Some world we have evolved into.

But as long as you went first, that is what i meant by me using twitter to "keep me informed on specialty interests and news/government."

With twitter you can very selectively choose people to follow that are not selling you a point of view. Just reporting news. Avoiding the left or right con.

With twitter you can very selectively choose people to follow that are not selling you a point of view. Just reporting news. Avoiding the left or right con.

But seriously -- how do you tell if it's real?

... Why do we tend to revere actors, recording stars and athletes above our scientists and researchers?

Katy is young and pretty, and sings songs that are popular with the teen crowd. Doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me. Kids wanna have fun. They'd rather dance around to her music than sit and listen to a lecture by an intellectual. Such is life. Doesn't make them lesser people.

Hell, get a few drinks in me and crank her music, I just might jump around with 'em. That is, until my back gives out. o_O

If youse guys think I'm just an old Stick In The Mud, I'm FAR from it...Something that would give me unalloyed joy would be to stick one of Katie's bazooms in my mouth, & the other one in my Ear, & say, "Hellooooooooo Heaven !...

Katy's claim to fame, the Elmo skit on SNL. I'm a fan :)

katy.jpg
Yup that's were I was going. She is a babe.

But seriously -- how do you tell if it's real?

Seems pretty simple to me.

Over time, it's pretty obvious what is real and what is just self serving nonsense.

Like, if a guy shows me two pictures, one with a glass half full and the other full. Then he tells me the half full glass has more water in it. Well I know that is not real and I know he's fine saying not real stuff. So I ignore him.

This will make you wish for the good old days, when Katy was queen.

Scratching your eyes out, and ice picking your ears helps, to my understanding. But it will still be imbedded in your mind.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Over time, it's pretty obvious what is real and what is just self serving nonsense.

Like, if a guy shows me two pictures, one with a glass half full and the other full. Then he tells me the half full glass has more water in it. Well I know that is not real and I know he's fine saying not real stuff. So I ignore him.
Aha! You fail to account for the shape of the glass! Nothing is as simple as it seems. :biggrin:

I THINK I've read/seen somewhere that Katy's parents are big-time religious,Baptst preachers & that all of the "Titz 'n' Azz " stuff is a put on.

I THINK I've read/seen somewhere that Katy's parents are big-time religious,Baptst preachers & that all of the "Titz 'n' Azz " stuff is a put on.

I had to laugh.... if one is raised in an extraordinarily religious home they do not enjoy nor ever flaunt their sexuality?

Not sure I agree, at all.

Not saying her overt sexual image is not marketing... just speaking to the link between sexual expression and familial allegiances.

Back
Top Bottom