KAV 250a in for service :)

33.3/LP

I'm a little apprehensive (separation anxiety), I sent my Krell KAV 250a in for service in the original carton via FedEx ground yesterday. It's been a GREAT amp, I've been using it to power my Magnepan 1.7s . Actully the only thing I noticed was the R channel was approx 20% +/- week. So after a little bit of anal-izing I called Krell to get an REA for a update, upgrade, service. I was told they do a lot of these, have all the parts in stock and should have her back in two weeks based on their current work load. The service manager said the amp will sound surprisingly better.....I'm very excited.

I'll let ya'll know how the experience turns out :)

The 3 units I've seen all had DC offset and bias drift due to age/time. The caps are getting towards the end of their lives as well. So I would imagine it should sound better by the time you get it back.

Amazing, huge sound stage, great instrument separation, harmony's, vocals .....With that pure Krell sound. I'm thinking if someone wanted a great Class A amp. just buy one of these cheap ones off eBay and have it refurbished and you'd have a remarkable deal. BTW on the front end I have a 2m black and a Sutherland Vibe. For speakers ...1.7 Maggies.

Nope, but Raymond Mutchler was my contact whom answered my emails promptly and I did talk to him twice by phone.

I sent my FBP-600C across the world back to Krell a year ago
200 odd capacitors later it is ready for another 20 years. Cost a heap for shipping, but very happy with the result and the Krell costs were pretty reasonable

Back
Top Bottom