KC area?

While I should have soft drinks, tea, water, etc., and many types of beers in the frig, bring what you like then you'll know it will be there. I drink sours, wheats, porters and stouts. I may have a few light beers but they might have gotten drank last weekend. I have plenty of coolers so we have a way to keep them cool.

Anyone have any requests let me know.

Sounds great. I always BYOB but your fridge sounds tempting sir. :beerchug:

I am always in for snacks and/or a pie. The apple pie I took to the Iowa Kornfest last month went over well so maybe that.

Will be a newbie to the group, but will try to make it. Anything I should or can bring? I have a hard drive full of tunes and a media player if needed.
Guy from Lawrence

Will be good to visit again Guy, just bring yourself. The NSB Line Arrays are designed but no sawdust has been made yet - it was quite a journey just to get to this point. Wish I could be bringing them but it'll have to be later.

Talked with Jaymanaa and he said he'd like to stop by and see the guys next Saturday. I will have some tables to put some "for sale" stuff on in the garage.

I have several speakers to sell, maybe a cd player or two and maybe an amp. Also, a music server, hardly used.

I have a lot of odd vintage parts and wont plan to bring them all, but if anyone needs DIY stuff like jewel lights, switches, IEC power cords, wall warts (got scores all voltages), few empty tube chassis eligible for DIY amps, stuff like that, let me know and i can bring stuff to look at.

Speaking of speakers - I have hooked up now in the main listening room my refurbed Infinity RS-1(now b's). A pair of Golden Ear Triton 2's in another room. I also have available to audition a pair of pristine DQ-10's, Genesis APM-1's, Genesis 700 "bookshelf" speakers, Infinity RS5's, Infinity Kappa 7.1 II's. And some Audioengine 5's if anyone wants to hear a powered bookshelf. I think that is all I have - nope - some Paradigm Millenia 200's.

Hey I would love to hear some DQ-10's. I've heard all about them for years but never witnessed a pair in person.

If those Genesis are the same big ones I heard in your basement last time, they are awesome guys....

Russellc

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll bring some unusual beer. I'll also bring some failed projects in search of a second chance.

As much as I love music, and have had fun messing with the equipment, I have realized that I have neither the time nor the aptitude to be effective at repairing it. As such, I have some projects that someone might be interested in adopting (free of course). I doubt that any of these are worth much. None of them are in working condition.

Dual CS 627Q Turntable. Needs headshell repair and more.

Pioneer CT-500 – I think it just needs belts

Nakamichi CD Player 4 – powers up but does not read CD

NAD CD 5255 – powers up but does not read CD

Yamaha AVX 100U – One channel is out

Pioneer VSX 434 – One channel is out

Fisher CA- 872 – Heavy and powerful dude, but one channel out.

Please let me know if it is worthwhile to bring these out. If not, they are candidates for recycling.

Along similar lines, I have realized that I would do more harm than good trying to get the hum out of a Marantz 2265. I would like to have this as a working unit. Any suggestions on where to get it serviced?

Have you tried cleaning lenses on those CD players? That and replacing belts for the drawer opening and shutting is about as far as I've gone with CD player repair.
If it's not the lens then it's probably a weak laser or other electronics on the fritz, which is over my head. I'd be willing to take one off your hands and give it a shot though.

Echowars (Lee's Summit) would be your man for repair on that Marantz but he was pretty overloaded before life events earlier this year so I have no idea how he's doing on turnaround. Maybe (hopefully) he'll be there Sat. and you can touch base. [Edit: Actually looks like EW literally hasn't posted since May - I did not realize he was away that long.]

Last edited:
Looks like the Atlantic Oracle III's will be put back together by Saturday and I plan to bring them. I was a little unsure due to the amount of restoration and reassembly but it looks like they will be serviceable. For anyone who was at Twangfest at Jay's in the past, I brought my Oracle IV's once or twice. These are slightly smaller, same overall design with a 12" passive instead of 15" but otherwise identical.

Here's a nice pic AKer Dennydog took of his III before refoaming the PR.

4025124728_ec1de21e24_b.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Tox. Umm, hopefully the bottom woofer/passive? is refoamed by now?

Getting close - heading to Jay's tonight to pickup some tables for showing gear. Should have 3-5 tables available. Jay still thinks he can make it sometime Saturday.

So far I count at least 10 people to show up. Plenty of room for more. PM for my address if you can make it!

If you want to bring some music here's what I can use to play it with -

- my record player should be working by the time of the event so we can spin records - downstairs
- Bluetooth connectivity both upstairs and downstairs, upstairs is APTx only though
- wifi in the house
- Cd players, several of those including SACD
- Cassette decks
- DVD players
- VHS!!!
- NAS and think my preamp downstairs will do AirPlay as well - never used it though
- and several ways to hook up Digital Audio Players (DAP's)
- only one DAC - Grant Fidelity Tube Dac

Most of my music is Rock, Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Blues, Instrumental, Prog, and hardly NO country. So if you want Country you'll have to bring it.

Awesome Tox. Umm, hopefully the bottom woofer/passive? is refoamed by now?

Getting close - heading to Jay's tonight to pickup some tables for showing gear. Should have 3-5 tables available. Jay still thinks he can make it sometime Saturday.

Yeah, the pic was of Dennydog's speaker, mine are all refoamed and being oiled and drivers/crossovers/feet reinstalled this week. Decided last night that the particleboard around the woofer screw holes is a little more crumbly than I'd like, so I'm ditching screws and replacing them with bolts. I have a whole hardware store in little drawers in my basement, but of course the only 16 matching 3/4" bolts I could find have wide heads that won't fit down past the outer flange on the basket, so it's another trip to the hardware store. They'll be ready by Saturday. I think they'll still play with a snag or two in the grille cloth. :biggrin:

I'm planning on being there, but I'll be later than 1:00pm. Maybe 5pm.

I'm going to bring a pair of modded Baby Advent speakers; I'd like to see what other people think of how they sound. (If we get to it).

Should I bring a pre-amp ? I have two; a Sansui C-2101 and a Parasound PD/L 1100. Someone mentioned pre-amps are needed.

I have re-capped ADS L-520s and L-710s that I would cut somebody a deal on; let me know if should bring those.

Also, I have a Sansui B-2101 that needs an output Sanken replaced. I'd let that go cheap.

And a Harman/Kardon 3370 receiver that works perfect. I'd set a low price.

I guess PM me if anyone is interested in any of the stuff. Probably shouldn't be saying this stuff on this forum (?).

Looking forward to seeing everybody. I'm a non-drinker, but I'm not a stick in the mud or anything.

Back
Top Bottom