1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Keep It Simple - well you know the rest of it.

Discussion in 'Tape' started by Audiotfoot, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Audiotfoot

Audiotfoot AK Subscriber Subscriber

This morning while listening to one of my two Sony Walkman cassette players I managed to knock them both onto the floor. That resulted in neither of them playing. It sounded like the tape wasn't contacting the head or maybe the capstan and pinch roller weren't snug.

So one of them was disassembled, checked, cleaned, reassembled, tested. It sounded the same. So it was disassembled again and thoroughly examined. Nada, everything looked perfect. It was reassembled, tested and still didn't play. At that point a thought occurred. Could it have been the cassette that was bunged up?

It was. A different tape played in both decks perfectly.

If that ever happens again I'll check the simplest thing before attempting the most complex task.

On the other hand it did give an opportunity to check the belts and clean everything, So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

phantomrebel likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sol7

sol7 Super Member

Live and learn, only I have a hard time learning sometimes. It was probably due for a cleaning anyways.....:thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. revox-b77

revox-b77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad you sorted it out. Not too many working walkmen left.