Haven't updated this thread in almost a year, but I wanted to share a story of ANOTHER 104/2 rebuild. A friend of mine picked up a set from an older guy who was downsizing. Apparently this guy had the woofers sent out and "professionally reconed" by a large and well-known service company in the middle-west (I won't mention the name because that would be uncouth.) In any case, I saw the invoice for the work that was done and almost fell out of my seat. When my friend got the speakers he wanted me to look at them because something didn't seem right. It took me a while, but I finally had a look. I was appalled at the horrors that I witnessed! Once I did a quick assessment I went to work undoing the work that they did, cleaned up the cabinets of some of the tools them left inside, reflowed the tweeters, and did a complete Falcon recap of the crossovers. Here are some pics. Pic on the right shows what the well-known repair shop did to replace the foam inner donuts on these drivers. As we all know, the early 104/2 used rubber outer surrounds, so those were OK. This shop decided, instead of taking the time and incurring the $10 expense to get the correct parts, to cut down a woofer spider and use that as the inner foam dust cap. ACK! Who does that. 2- things. 1) The fabric spider does not have the proper compliance for this driver, constricting the movement and reducing bass output. and 2) the fabric is not air tight so it was causing all sorts of air chuffing sounds, as well as compromising the sound quality of the bandpass enclosure. Correct foam donuts on the right getting installed after I cut out the incorrect ones. Oh, and I found this inside the top of one cabinet while taking things apart found a 10 mm socket. OOPS! The other issue with the woofers is the previous owner did not get proper instruction on how to reinstall them. The little silver grommets are used to spade the woofer properly to cabinet so the foam gasket gets a proper seal. Both woofers were canted at an angle, causing the upper drivers to leak air all over the place. Once I got the woofers all straightened out, I started working on the tweeters. The ferrofluid had turned completely to paste and the domes were hardly moving. I posted this on Facebook, but if anyone has KEF T33 tweeters from the 80s or early 90s, GET THE FERROFLUID REPLACED!!! It's not a matter of "they sound OK to me." The ferrofluid needs to be replaced. Period. ALL CLEAN Last effort was to recap the crossovers. The hardest part of this job is actually removing the crossover. I don't have rubber arms. If you have rubber arms, this will be easy. With the crossover out, it was a matter of hunt and replace. The bag of parts from Falcon came in from the UK with all the perfect values. Reassembly was the opposite of disassembly. Now that these speakers are back together, they can sing again! My friend will be by to pick them up this weekend. He's going to be shocked at the difference in sound. I'll stand by my previous opinion that these are some of the best speakers, in terms of sound, ingenuity, design, and overall quality that I have ever seen or heard. Not just one of KEF's best products, but one of the best out there.