KEF C-40, good for jazz music ? do you know used price ?

liemjerry

Hi Friends

I want to know about KEF Vintage Speaker C-40 (C series)
it quite a medium speaker with 65cm tall, not so bookshelf as common dimension but not also floorstanding

- Is this speaker suitable for jazz, it means for trio, quartet, sextet, quintet jazz with dominant frequency of piano, bass, drums and saxophone/guitar/trumpet ? does the low frequency of this speaker do the match job with sound of bass ?
- What is the sound character of this speaker, is that bright? mellow?
- What about the detail/clarity for man/woman vocal sound, is it will make a good reproduction ?
- How much it used price with near mint condition ?

Many Thanks

Kef doesnt make a bad speaker. British voiced speakers do well with jazz. C series was there budget line but still not bad by any means. I’d say under 150.00 would be market value.

Last edited:
Keg doesnt make a bad speaker. British voiced speakers do well with jazz. C series was there budget line but still not bad by any means. I’d say under 150.00 would be market value.

thanks but offer still high here about usd200, condition quite ok
is this speaker can be placed above the table that have height of 75 cm ? or it must be placed to lowered stand?

Not bad at all. Price is subjective compared to what you can find in your area and on what prices. They would be better served using a 30-40cm stands - not correct to put them on a desk as the tweeter would be too high. Aim for the tweeter to be at ear level for your listening position.
KEF speakers in general were aimed for natural and balanced sound. Hence, they sound good to people listening to classical music, Jazz trio-quintets, folk and other kinds of mostly acoustic music, in contrast to electronica, heavy metal and other types of music wanting bass heavy reproduction with sibilant highs.

I had a pair, in fact i've had quite a few from this C range. They were budget speakers, low grade particle board boxes with vinyl veneer so nothing to write home about. But they sounded nice! I wouldn't pay anywhere near 200 for them, IIRC I sold mine for less than £100, but they're common as muck here in the UK.

unfortunately, the size of C40 does not match with my space that only have table space with height of 75 cm...sadly

Back
Top Bottom