Kef Carina II what stand...openframe?

alanst

$_86.JPG

I can not find much information about stand for Kef Carina II.In the manual they recommended a stand of the Kef:

$_86.JPG

They are approximately 25cm high. I did several tests with wooden stands.
Conclusion .... better at 50cm high and openframe open base. I think much better iron would go.

I see many 70s speakers with iron openframe:

30554348-251-640x478.jpg

tontrager-full-range.jpg

Well, I just got a pair of these at the Goodwill. Some may find the Carina II's to not be at the TOTL range for KEFs, nor are they. Some may say $50 is too much. I say, how the hell could I have walked away from a pair of KEF floor speakers at under a hundred. I think there's a place in hell for people who don't seize their little victories! There's no other place to really post my score, so I chose to resurrect this thread, as it's not a decade old, and it may help expand the data-base for these speakers.
IMG_3390.JPG
as you can see, the badges (the other one is obviosly not in the shot) and the cloth are in sweet shape. The boxes are great, too, except a couple edge dings. I think I'll live with that.
IMG_3391.JPG
They sound OK on my SX-737...I imagine they need some re-capping? But no buzzes, no mushiness. And the Wings Over America LP I got at the same GW sounds damn fine, the speakers shining on Paul's complex and dynamic harmonizations. And the bass is tight, too...goose-bumpy tight, without being TOO boomy. I hope others enjoy the pics, and if anyone has thoughts on this model of KEFs please weigh in. I'd like to know more about them. I have owned c35s for years, until I dropped one down a flight of stairs. As a brand they are sure "audiophile" and excellent. Thanks for checking out my thread-jacking!
PS: Awesome stands and presentation, Alanst...

Back
Top Bottom