KEF owners thread

They do indeed, nice Rosewood 107. Love mine. They do sound a bit better with the mesh covers off, but not an option for me with cats about!

We don't have an overall KEF thread here... Just threads for specific models like the LS50 and 107... And posting in those seems like thread jacking.

So I guess I'll start one. I love this brand. Post pics of your KEFs! :thmbsp:

attachment.php
I have original R103s - but perhaps not so original, since they have IMF-coned units in place of the B200s. (Still B200 chassis, I believe.) On speaking with a guy at Kef, he said that this was once a 'popular upgrade', but what it was meant to achieve, I don't know. The visible difference is an inverted plastic surround (instead of the usual PVC), and radial, inverted ribs on the cone.

Hi, I just got the 105.2. I love them but unfortunately the KEF B300 woofers have a problem :rubbing the voice coil ( I understand that the problem is with the spider ). I need help please ! If you know a tech that can repair/restore these. I am located in Canada. Thank You

My local guy is gone, I have the name of a highly recommended fellow in the Ottawa area.

However, the first thing to do is remove the woofer and rotate it 1/3 of a turn and see if that helps. It often cures the problem and evens out the spider sag on B200 and B300 woofers.

Thank You Raynald! I am very happy, they work perfect now ! So, I did try to rotate them at home, nothing ! Same sound. So I was very lucky today, I went to Vancouver Audio Speaker Clinic, and in less than 30 min they fixed them ! They were de-centered. Now they sound amazing ! I love them. But I am not used to them yet, maybe I would like a touch more bass a low volume. The woofer really takes only the low sounds, nothing mid, is that normal ? Thanks.

Glad it worked out, those are wonderful speakers. In a 3 way system with a 12", the woofer would only handle very low sounds compared to most 2 way and even some 3 way with smaller woofers.

Thanks Raynald. I understand now. I was a bit worried, didn't know if that's normal. They are wonderful, more clear sound than my Bose 601. Happy New Year!

Congratulation. Great speakers! I really love mine.
What's the story of yours?
Did you receive grills and tweeter/mid screens.

Enjoy.

There were no grills or tweeter mid screens, unfortunately. However, I was able to get them at a killer price and delivered to boot.

Just an update regarding my KEF 105.2. I was complaining about bass. I was driving them with an Akai 2450 50W amp. I knew they need more power so I got it: Adcom 555 II ( 200 WPC) and Adcom 555 preamp. Oh boy what a difference! They shake the house. Not happy neighbors for sure. Unbelievable sound. I was listening to some albums I know very well and I discovered sounds I never thought were there. I am very happy now.

I'm once again back in the land of KEF ownership. After enjoying my Celestion SL6s for a while, I wanted to jump back into floorstanding speakers. Not for bass reasons, but actually for midrange and also height. I don't know why but, I prefer the midrange from floorstanding speakers.

So, I picked up a pair of Kef Q700s. Partially because I really, really regret letting go of the LS50s I had. These aren't as good but they are similar enough that I'll at least get close until I can afford a pair. My first impressions are that these are a lot like the LS50s but not quite as lucid or natural sounding, but they do elicit that sweet, sweet detailed treble and neutral midrange I loved the LS50s for. Unfortunately the bass is the weak link but I'm not really bothered by that.

Just joined the KEF club, picked up a pair of 303.3 on a whim via the 'bay. Never heard a pair, figured i'd add to the stable.

Haven't even wired em in yet. Not much info on these, seems KEF's attempt at a lower-priced model. Grills are clawed, but everything else is in good shape. Pretty nice construction for a budget line, even the grill posts are of quality. Now the teeny tiny 18ga-only terminals in the back... Gonna have to dig out some wire that fits.

Assuming these are lower on the food chain, how well does the sound match the KEF reputation? Expectations are minimal, but for less than the price of a cup of coffee, i couldn't resist.

Just joined the KEF club, picked up a pair of 303.3 on a whim via the 'bay. Never heard a pair, figured i'd add to the stable.

Haven't even wired em in yet. Not much info on these, seems KEF's attempt at a lower-priced model. Grills are clawed, but everything else is in good shape. Pretty nice construction for a budget line, even the grill posts are of quality. Now the teeny tiny 18ga-only terminals in the back... Gonna have to dig out some wire that fits.

Assuming these are lower on the food chain, how well does the sound match the KEF reputation? Expectations are minimal, but for less than the price of a cup of coffee, i couldn't resist.

Even KEF's ''entry level'' offerings are usually head and shoulders above all of the other average bears in the woods:)

The B200 woofer and T33 tweeter are excellent,well respected drivers. In this case,used in a bookshelf configuration,don't expect to be blowing out walls or reproducing the low notes from a pipe organ. Joking aside,these do sound very nice,and certainly do maintain the KEF reputation. Prepare to be pleased with your purchase.....

Have you been able to give them a listen yet?

Have you been able to give them a listen yet?

Wish i could say yes, but the last week has been stupid busy.

Tonight seems like the night tho. After dinner i should have time to hook them up. I'll report back. I need to dig up some speaker cable, the jacks on the back are teeny tiny little spring things. None of my usual setups are small enough to just hook them up...

Back
Top Bottom