Keggers Family Sale

AudioKeith

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Candidate for a sticky?

This Vintage Electronic Sale is one you don't want to miss ! This was Keggers collection and there are lots of items. It has taken Andy, his dearest friend, over a year and countless hours to get this sale together. Please come out and help raise money for Keggers family.

https://www.estatesales.net/MI/Warren/48092/1987410

This is the sale for the tech oriented as it basically is the collection, shop, and inventory of an internet tube amp/speaker builder and enthusiast. It features many vintage tube and solid state amplifiers and receivers, speakers, loose drivers, crossover components, and thousands and thousands of thousands of tubes . There is also test gear and bench tools. Brands include Marantz, Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood, Heathkit, Tektronix, Eico, Magnavox, Altec, JBL, Wharefedale, ADS, EPI, BIC and others.
It is almost exclusively electronics orientated with little or no furniture, household goods, or clothing, but there will be some "guy" stuff such as beer signs and mirrors, DVDs, and perhaps some fishing poles.

tenor.gif

Keep watching the link for updates as I continue to compile pics and sort through his myriad of projects. I posted it yesterday to get it out there and have added pics three times since then already.

Paul was circuit junkie at heart and was always looking to better circuits so this sale is heavy on parts and projects and low on cherry gear in plug and play condition; he really didn't have a listening room and main system and was pretty much delving into computer audio played through some long gone Polk 7s or playing CDs through his bench system while tweaking his newest build when we lost him. Look at the pics, and you'll see what I mean as I am updating them and the copy daily. Hopefully by next wednesday there will be some semblance of what we will be offering Saturday morning set up.

And yes, there are tens of thousands of tubes there, but the vast majority of them are from cast aside lots he got from many of the members here; I know there are some from me, Jaymanaa, Squid, NOSvalves, Dave Gillespie, StephenJ, and many many others as I found plenty of cartons with return addresses on them. We are planning on selling them all by the box as it would take days to sort through them all and yes, I have separated the obvious winners I encountered out for sale on other venues; Barter Town included.

Please feel free to message me with questions; I am on vacation next week from work, but will be spending most of my time over there prepping for Saturday.

Last edited:
Holy guacamole! That looks fun for a tinkerer.

I hope everyone who buys actual amps and other stuff labels them KEGGER so that bit of history will live on as they are passed amongst AK and elsewhere.

Wish I was closer, I'd be there.

Uh, no...
But I could if necessary as the receiver I tested them with is adjacent with banana plug leads and an adaptor.
That being said, I don't think I've EVER auditioned any of my hundreds of garage/estate sale buys...

Last edited:
I was mostly just kiddin' around, it would be a lot of extra work! Although if I was closer I'd help out with stuff like that just to boost the marketing. :thumbsup:

A few more pics from Keg's lair. I should have it somewhat more organized tomorrow, as I've triaged many of the receivers, amps, tuners and turntables. I'm still amazed at how much there is even after what I've already sold, donated, or recycled. Then again, the place was packed floor to ceiling, literally!

20180903_160427.jpg 20180904_215429.jpg 20180903_160450.jpg

The tubes......

I just found a big box of 7 volt tubes he got from Newman. Back in 2013....

Main gear room is getting close to being done. We will have almost the entire basement, the screened porch, and the drive stayed, with most of the gutted chassis and broken SS gear outside for dirt cheap.

20180906_200706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom