Keggers Family Sale

Nope. Not for $5...
I don't know what they are. But all those chassis were $10 yesterday an half off today.

If the sockets say 2A3 on them, they're like $300 each on eBay. If people weren't buying those at $5, that's kind of embarrassing for them.

Hi Andy,

I believe you had mentioned Kegger had a Pilot HF56 mono Receiver on some other thread recently...
Is this part of the Auction...and do you still have it?

Lee

If the sockets say 2A3 on them, they're like $300 each on eBay. If people weren't buying those at $5, that's kind of embarrassing for them.

Ok, the last last pic. Those I have. They were priced at $40, but I thought the said 6L6 on them. Trust me, I will look today!

Hey Andy, in the second to the last picture, is that a gold face Scott tuner on the top shelf??? Did it sell ?

You done good.

Sad to think some of that iron is probably going to hit a charity dumpster because they won't know what to do with it. Well, you got most of the stuff in the hands of folks who wanted it at least. :thumbsup:

A lot of it will, as the iron, caps, and chassis were probably the items that drew the least interest.
I only sold 3 sets of the lowest priced speakers too, but did set aside 6 for CL and other venues.

I recognized some stuff that looked worthy, but much of it is non-describe mysteries, especially the power iron. Thise Tek scopes have great iron.

The big problem with chassis is that they only are of interest to a very small niche of hobbyists who are into rebuilding tube amps (either refurbishing what was there, or using it for parts elsewhere), and there aren't many of those around, in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if any of those vintage radio swap meets would draw some interest. I agree--I'd hate to see all of it go to the scrap yard, but the other alternative is lugging those things around for a few years until buyers eventually take them off of your hands.

And having done the estate thing myself, I know it got to a point where I just wanted everything disposed of to get some closure, and towards the end, anything I didn't want was dropped at Salvation Army, or tossed out at the curb if it had no value (broken, worn out, etc.).

Around our area, of course, we can set anything metal out at the curb and it's gone within the hour. :D (I just did that with two sets of struts/springs from our cars. That was over 100 pounds of metal between the two.)

Exactly. Keg loved those Tek scopes for parts, but there just aren't many these days that feel the same.

Lack of knowledge was my issue. Lots of chassis, no two looking alike (I'm a stereo kinda guy) and no idea of what tubes they would take at what cost...
I asked about the silli scopes and she said she thought they needed a tube or two, but if he was grabbing parts...
:dunno:

Those Tek scopes usually have very nice signal tubes. Scopes are really just a signal amplifier with a graphic display. Tek's are usually filled with Mullard's, Tele's and such. My buddy buys them cheap just for the tubes.

BillWojo

Our high school back around 1980-1981 had the money to upgrade some of the classroom equipment, and they were giving out the tubed scopes to any student who wanted one, since they received in a new batch of solid state scopes. Had we known... ;)

I wonder if anyone (AKers) within a few hours' drive who didn't make it to the sale (or even if they did) would take chassis and scopes and transformers and stuff off your hands for the hauling. I myself have a boneyard because I have space to store it, but I'm too far. Kinda late to suggest it now, but a 'FREE sale leftovers' post on Bartertown might have been a good idea. :idea:

I wonder if anyone (AKers) within a few hours' drive who didn't make it to the sale (or even if they did) would take chassis and scopes and transformers and stuff off your hands for the hauling. I myself have a boneyard because I have space to store it, but I'm too far. Kinda late to suggest it now, but a 'FREE sale leftovers' post on Bartertown might have been a good idea. :idea:
There"s a couple guys currently doing that. They were loading up stuff while I was there.

Those Tek scopes usually have very nice signal tubes. Scopes are really just a signal amplifier with a graphic display. Tek's are usually filled with Mullard's, Tele's and such. My buddy buys them cheap just for the tubes.

BillWojo

That's exactly how Keg and I got all of them. Keg wanted them for the parts and I've run across a few boxes of standoff strips and 5 way connectors here, not to mention sockets.

Well, I had them CL priced at $200 as they can and will get sold there. But the speakers didn't draw much interest, and I only sold 3 pairs, one set of Magnavox for $25, and two others for half off at $12.50 each.

Back
Top Bottom