Ken Stabler Has Passed Away

Nobody wore the Silver and Black better. R.I.P my fellow lefty.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ken Stabler and John Madden.jpg
    Ken Stabler and John Madden.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 120
I heard John Madden tell a great story of how cool a character Kenny Stabler was. Madden is describing a road playoff game, (OT versus the Colts?) & the Raiders call a time out with 30 seconds to play. Madden is screaming about various plays to call, the stadium is rocking & Stabler says "Coach I got it" to which Madden says "what, you got a play?" " No, but these people sure are getting their monies worth."

Runs back on to the field and throws the winning touchdown. One heck of a competitor. RIP Snake.

Probably my favorite football player of all time. In my opinion he deserves inclusion in the pro football HOF. I'll go so far to say without his membership the HOF is a joke. Under pressure no one was cooler. RIP Kenny.

cubdog

Man, I loved those 70's Raiders. I was a big fan of theirs back then mainly because of Stabler. But guys like Dave Casper, Fred Biletnekopf, Lester Hayes, Ted Hendricks, John Matuszak, and others sure made them a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Probably my favorite football player of all time. In my opinion he deserves inclusion in the pro football HOF. I'll go so far to say without his membership the HOF is a joke. Under pressure no one was cooler. RIP Kenny.

cubdog

Wow, I didn't know he wasn't. He should be in the HOF. Look at the competition at the time he played. Some great teams in that era.

cubdog

Wow, I didn't know he wasn't in the Hall. That's a shame, I was a big time Charger fan during that era? I remember some great games between Him and Dan Fouts and the Don "Air Coryell" Chargers.

Curious as to how he got the nick name "the Snake"?

From Wiki.....
Stabler became a highly touted football player at Foley High School in Foley, Alabama. He led Foley to a win-loss record of 29–1 over his high school career—the only loss coming against Vigor High School. He was an all-around athlete in high school, averaging 29 points a game in basketball and excelling enough as a left-handed pitcher in baseball to receive minor-league contract offers from the Houston Astros and New York Yankees. He was an all-american athlete. During his high school career, he earned his nickname "the Snake"[1] from his coach following a long, winding touchdown run.

Last edited:
The snake. Who would not want this QB in a critical elimination playoff 4th quarter comback situatian and hangover. Put him in the hall.

Back
Top Bottom