Kenny please come home,Woody misses you!

Beautiful! I have some amp/preamp/receiver enclosures that I need to build/refurbish this winter. Hope they turn out to look as good as yours.

GeeDeeEmm

Beautiful! I have some amp/preamp/receiver enclosures that I need to build/refurbish this winter. Hope they turn out to look as good as yours.

GeeDeeEmm
Take your time and if you've looked at my other thread I pretty much did a step by step of how I did this one.
Might help if you haven't done it before, of course there are a variety of different finishes you can use but I like oil and finishing wax because it's so easy to touch up. The down side is it takes a lot of time and is a lot more work than a simple stain and lacquer job but it'll last forever with occasional retouching.

Building nice cabinets are not hard for me (the Altecs in my avatar are my custom builds), but getting off my butt and just doing it is my big problem. Retirement has made me LAZY!

GeeDeeEmm

Building nice cabinets are not hard for me (the Altecs in my avatar are my custom builds), but getting off my butt and just doing it is my big problem. Retirement has made me LAZY!

GeeDeeEmm
Nice work on the Altecs, I was a custom cabinetmaker for 35 years.
The great recession ended that and I became a trucker, just no money in cabinets for me anymore and I don't miss the job stress.
I did computer drafting as a sales and design associate for 10 years in a nice custom shop, I did everything from measuring the job and ordering materials and hardware to drawing the shop plans and overseeing production and installation on the jobs I sold.
SCHIMMELS HOUSE 010.jpg TOM AND GINGERS KITCHEN 010.jpg

I saw the face plate covered in smokers residue. Try Goop hand cleaner sometime. It melts that stuff like you wouldn't believe and it very gentle.

I saw the face plate covered in smokers residue. Try Goop hand cleaner sometime. It melts that stuff like you wouldn't believe and it very gentle.
There's 5 pages on that thread, I got her all cleaned up and working then sent off to a tech for a tune up and probably a recap.
IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2742.JPG

Back
Top Bottom