KenRothman's stuff

kenrothman

Fifth Beatle
Subscriber
This is the "library" system...

After much iteration, fairly stable right now...

TT: Technics SL-1200 MK2, DL160, and it's been "delihaus'ed"
Amp: Scott 222C
Disc: Marantz DV9500 combo player
Digital: Squeezebox 3
Tape: Nak CR1A (not hooked up)
Speakers: Silverline SR12 (need to get real stands)
Rack: Salamander archetype 5 in cherry

sorry for the cool, artsy, b&w's :)

1235507601_KqtFS-M.jpg

1235507316_nK7TW-M.jpg

1235508040_5PHCo-M.jpg

1235508539_UwGXL-M.jpg

the other system is the "tv" system, no pix...

TV: Sony 46" w-series lcd
Amp: Rotel RSX-1067
Source: mac mini (core duo, need a new one)
Mains: AR3a
Center: M&K s125c
Rears: CSW the surround 2

That's an intelligent choice of gear, and I have no doubt that it sounds wonderful. The HH Scott 222C is an excellent amp, with even greater mod potential and seems to mate with Silverline speakers very well.

It's refreshing to see that you've put some time and thought into coming up with such a nice system. Very nice indeed!

Best Regards,
TerryO

great setup!

what mods have you done to your 1200?

:music:

not too much...

paul helped me out a bit... replaced the bearing and the tonearm with new ones (oem from kab).
shrinkwrapped the arm for vibration reduction.
replaced the RCAs with the m5g's.
kab squishy feet
sumiko headshell
kab thick mat

i mean to replace the tonearm wiring, but just haven't gotten around to it. (well, gotten around to talking to paul about doing it :) )

That's an intelligent choice of gear, and I have no doubt that it sounds wonderful. The HH Scott 222C is an excellent amp, with even greater mod potential and seems to mate with Silverline speakers very well.

It's refreshing to see that you've put some time and thought into coming up with such a nice system. Very nice indeed!

Best Regards,
TerryO

the silverlines are the latest addition... only about a month or so. so far so good.

the silverlines are the latest addition... only about a month or so. so far so good.

I have a friend that has a highly modified 222C and Silverline speakers (model unknown) and it's one of the better sounding systems I've heard...period.

His amp simply blows away my Scott 299 (Good caps and nice tubes)!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Back
Top Bottom