Kenwood 3070 Question

FunkDoctor

I have a 3070 turntable I inherited. How ever the anti skate weight is missing, and there are none online that I can find. Would anyone have the specs of the anti-skate weight? Of course I have to look for something that is too hard to find. Thank you for your efforts should you reply!

No specs, just need to fit on the arm and be held in place and weigh about the same as the original.

Check the AK vendors Vinyl Reclamation and Organ Donor Parts. Might need to buy the arm or something.

Also check the bay for a cheap beat up table to grab the part from.

Measure the arm diameter, get a chunk of metal and drill a hole in it and find a way to hold it in place.

Get a shaft collar that will allow you to tighten a screw onto the arm to hold it in place.

Since I set antiskate by test record, I'm not worried about position of the weight based on tracking force but there are more ways to set antiskate and just having some weight that looks about right somewhere near where it should be will allow you to look at the cantilever as the arm drops to the record and see if the arm is pulled out or in when a groove is reached.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom