Kenwood 700M vs. the newbie

It appears to be an inductor; if so a resistance near zero would be expected. Do you have the schematic? It will help a lot to identify components.
It appears you are right. It was marked as R6 on the board I assumed it was a resistor since I am a novice. Multimeter says 0,4 Ohm. Schematics on that protection board seems impossible to find (it might be just me). I have the schematics for the amp, but the protection board is a blank! Do not know why...

Attachments

• Protection Board.jpg
    Protection Board.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17
I also looked for the protection board without success. I will keep looking though; I like the hunt for solutions. I am no ace at electronics so I mostly solve problems by deduction. Not very effective but given time and a few dollars worth of supplies I am nearly done with the two amps I will have rescued.
Don't give up yet.

Since we are on the subject of speakers maybe this is relevant. I am working on a couple of KA-7002's. I disconnected the 224k/50v capacitors in series with 0.47 ohm resistors that connected two pins on the driver board socket to ground so I could rotate the socket and thereby gain access to the board.
It worked great. Fixed the drivers then hooked up dummy loads. Again, worked great. Then hooked up speakers. Not so good. the amp went into overload/oscillation very quickly and at about a 1 Watt load. Lots of head scratching and reading threads on this forum until it dawned on me that the r/c components were the solution.
A couple short clip leads confirmed my suspicions about the network's purpose.

10 ohm/5W resistor in parallel (through the inside of the coils) with the inductor. Service manual calls it a "phase compensation coil".

Thanks a lot for that, and the schematic for the protection board! I desoldered the relays and checked them, they click when voltage is applied, but I still have a problem because they dont click when connected.
All the resistors and diodes check out fine, plus the 3 transistors on the PC board. I am wondering if the main on/off switch can be a reason for the soft start relay not functioning...
Anyway...the search continues. :)

Back
Top Bottom