Kenwood C2 basic rebuild/refresh

One other question. What do you have to do to make these new cans of Deoxit spray out of the nozzle instead of from all around the trigger? This is nuts.

Well I said the heck with it and plugged this thing in. Right speaker is cutting in and out. I asked the seller to check that for me and they said they did and that it was ok.

Not as loud as I would expect with the volume cranked up, loudness button does nothing, input led's blinking on and off, noise from left speaker when in aux 1 and aux 2 with nothing playing. Dang I'm disappointed.

I was just looking at pictures other people put on here and I think mine is all original. I took it apart and sprayed Deoxit in the balance pot the best I could and it didn't help. So I took the pot apart and it wasn't broken like the ones I have seen online. So I just cleaned it the best I could and put it back together waiting for the epoxy to dry now. Hope that fixes that issue. Trying to Deoxit everything else in the meantime.

Maybe I'll replace all the caps over Christmas break.

Ok so apparently the input selector switch can have a nasty impact on the speaker outputs. I was getting some scratchiness, fading, and cutting out of the right speaker so I was pressing and wiggling components while listening to some AC/DC Back In Black album and when I pushed on the selector switch (the part that is soldered to the PCB) the right channel cleaned up. I unhooked everything and cleaned that switch up the best I could with Deoxit and now its sounding sweet! Noise is gone from left channel, LED's are working good, loudness button works, all my problems are solved!!!

For opamp upgrade, can you be more specific about which diodes you replaced (d11-d14 only?)? And did you replace with 18v zener? Thanks.

hi any advice on cleaning the selector switch? can dexoit be sprayed into the two small holes while working switch or must it be de-soldered from board and disassembled to clean?

Back
Top Bottom