Kenwood JL-1090AV speakers...

Got a pair from offerup for $25...great sound and condition...can anyone tell me good or bad deal?

Attachments

• IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 62
Surprisingly they look petty decent, at first blush I thought rack speakers, but a second look I see big cabs, dome tweeters, and a mid that reminds me of the JBL LE5.

I think you might have found a little jewel, what's the crossover look like?

Surprisingly they look petty decent, at first blush I thought rack speakers, but a second look I see big cabs, dome tweeters, and a mid that reminds me of the JBL LE5.

I think you might have found a little jewel, what's the crossover look like?
They sound great!!!

Greetings,
I recently got a pair of JL-1090av speakers via marriage. They crank and sound decent, midrange is weak though. Drivers look stellar. Foam is available if needed. I figure they are worth recapping. I have not had success finding the crossover schematics and parts list. Anyone have any info? If not, I'll draw and post the crossover. These have to wait their turn, behind a pair of Polk Monitor Series 5 and a pair of Pioneer CS-77A. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Located service manual, posted same on Hifiengine.com. Crossover is lame, will probably replace it with something from parts express rather than recap. Curious what can be gotten from these "size and volume but no quality" 1990-vintage speakers. <insert ex-wife jokes here>

Update Dec. 2017. Couldn't sell mine, even at $100 so they went to GW yesterday. Couldn't justify storing them year-round to only take them out once and awhile. It was actually kinda hard to part with them as they are great outdoors or in large rooms. In normal rooms, I have better options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom