Kenwood KA-2000a update

danj

modern primitive
A couple months ago I posted a question about my recently acquired Trio (Kenwood) KA-2000a integrated amp. Said amp wasn't working and had to be converted to 117V. My post garnered some interesting replies, most of which were totally out there but, then again, the schematic I had downloaded from a Kenwood support site was way wrong. Anyway, to make a long story short....

I took the amp apart and did some serious circuit tracing and found that the circuits actually more closely resembled the KA-2000 rather than the KA-2000a, but didn't match either one. I assume, therefore, that my amp is an early production model. It took me about 1/2 an hour to find and repair the problem. I crossed my fingers and plugged it in for the proverbial smoke test. It passed with no smoke or funny smells.

The little $5 Trio integrated is now working and sounding sweet and clean. It will go to my wife's rec room so I can reclaim my Kenwood Model Eleven receiver. She didn't like the Model Eleven, saying it had too many buttons.............

Back
Top Bottom