Kenwood KA-3500 wonks out as I turn up volume

Neil1988

Hello, new to AK but am caught up in the vintage bug, reliving youth. In two weeks, I've refoamed my old Ohm L's, bought a Kenwood KR-7050, Sherwood 7225b and this KA-3500. So my issue is at low volumes the KA-3500 sounds fine but when I turn up the volume it wonks out and the sound goes dead. I blew the dust out of it, not too bad and sprayed all the POTS(?) but no change. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Love the KR-7050, very cool and it sounds great with the Ohm's. Thanks

Neil, welcome to AK and to the Kenwood group.

You might find this 3500 restore interesting. Probably won't help your issue but give you a good idea on how these are designed.

Thanks, I will check what i think the outputs are tomorrow based on that link. Looks like it's way over my head at this point, but willing to learn.

Neil, hopefully post 12 of the restore link gives you some things to look at and tools needed. I'd probably check dc offset at a minimum. Echowars created a sticky on the solid state forum if you don't know how to do this.

Thanks guys. Great start, I think I need to go and read up on the basics to understand how these things work. I will follow up with how I am making out. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom