Kenwood KA 9100 power supply tips.

you could try bridging it with solder or silver paint .as long as the wiper doesn't foul up on the repair .

looking at the manual its a combined vol balance ...can you take a picture of it and tell us the values ?

Last edited:
Yes...it is a combined vol/bal pot.........balance is 250k ohm.......volume is 100k ohm.
Do you think it is a good idea to try and repair it? I dont think a repair will 'hold up'.....
Maybe.......I am willing to try.

Maybe its time to build yourself a signal tracer -- you could have found this problem in a couple of minutes, without even powering up the amp! I built one a couple of months ago (for less than $20) and its already helped me fix a couple of amps I was tearing my hair out over.

Basic parts:

1 x battery-powered miniaturized speaker
1 x multimeter probe
1 x 2.2nf 100v cap
1 x grounding clip

Here's how to make one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcyDzYAsuU

To use:

No need for a tone generator, just play an ipod into the amp through, say, the Aux input (no need to power the amp up). Using the probe, track the music through the amp from the inputs until it disappears (then find out why it has disappeared). Once you get past the volume control, you'll probably have to turn the amp on. Then work your way back from the outputs until you find the music again.

Attachments

• powered speaker.jpg
    powered speaker.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Cool....I oughta' build one of those. Gotta' get me a scope too! Anyway....I am just glad that I found the problem.......no for a fix!

Back
Top Bottom