Kenwood KC-206 Control Amplifier

luckyed

Addicted Member
I picked up a KM-106 amp and an KC-206 Control Amplifier. The amp works when I use another preamp but I cannot get the control amp to work with it. The lights come on. Any suggestions on what I may be doing incorrectly or how to get this to work? I do not have the remote, is that necessary? I opened it up and used deoxit on what I could see.

I know this is not the best system (seems like a lower end 80's set) but I got it cheap and wanted to pass it on to someone who just wants a 2 channel system.

Thanks.

the amp is actually not that bad. I have had several of these. supposedly ratted at 150wpc - optomistic for sure. But I think they do have some pretty good punch and dynamics. I'll lok my 206 over and see if anything jumps out at me.

Mark

the amp is actually not that bad. I have had several of these. supposedly ratted at 150wpc - optomistic for sure. But I think they do have some pretty good punch and dynamics. I'll lok my 206 over and see if anything jumps out at me.

Mark

I appreciate you checking. Yeah, the amp was not bad. I just wish the control amp worked properly.

For anyone who has one of these control amps and no or non-working remote, if you have a smartphone, download the Anymote app. It's free, and is has the ability to control the unit. When you open the program, pick audio remote, then Kenwood, then type in KC-206. There is your remote. I picked up one of these with the KM-106 and haven't been able to use it due to no remote. I remembered my Android phone is able to control my TV and cable box, why not audio? Went into the play store and found that app. It looks like they have almost every TV, audio unit listed as a choice.

Hope this helps some people.

For anyone who has one of these control amps and no or non-working remote, if you have a smartphone, download the Anymote app. It's free, and is has the ability to control the unit. When you open the program, pick audio remote, then Kenwood, then type in KC-206. There is your remote. I picked up one of these with the KM-106 and haven't been able to use it due to no remote. I remembered my Android phone is able to control my TV and cable box, why not audio? Went into the play store and found that app. It looks like they have almost every TV, audio unit listed as a choice.

Hope this helps some people.

Doesn't seem as if that APP is valid any longer. Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom