Kenwood KM-206, KC-993 Combo

1ADSarge

Der Bürgermeister
Subscriber
I had a buddy down the street offer this clean combo for $80. Not alot of info on google about these. How do they sound? Is that worth the price?

I have the km-208 power amp and I like it a lot. It has 150 w/ch and has driven a lot of speakers nicely. I didn't like the preamp that was the match for it and ended up buying an adcom to replace it. I bought the preamp and power amp for 75$.

I have seen and had several of these variants. The km -2XX series I think are all the same internal specs. I believe these were sold as a rack system. As you went up in the number(km205 vs km206 vs km209) you got more bells and whistles with the system.

They boast 150WPC and have a good punch. I am not sure I would really call it a 150wpc amp though. I think they sound pretty good. I am not sure what the differences in the preamps were - maybe that made a significant difference. I run my current one with a dennon pre.

I think the amps are well worth the $50 range, and maybe as much as $75. That would be resale value. As to utility, I think they are unkown sleepers.
My $0.02 worth

Back
Top Bottom