Kenwood KR-7050

Jim wishes

i just acquired a Kenwood KR-7050 for free. I was told it had been in storage for a couple of years, and worked great when it was put in there. It's a very nice receiver. I plug it in though and I get NO sound at all. I've bought new speakers, new wire. I've clean the connectors on the back. I've tried everything, every combination of speaker wire and buttons and so forth. I can't get any sound. I finally opened it today, and nothing looks broken or disturbed, apart from some dust bunnies I cleaned out. I'm not an electronics guy, but I am mechanically inclined. Any help would be appreciated?

You say you've tried every combination of buttons, but I'd start by making sure that both tape switches are set to "source," and make sure the speaker switch is set to "A" (assuming one pair of speakers connected).

You say you've tried every combination of buttons, but I'd start by making sure that both tape switches are set to "source," and make sure the speaker switch is set to "A" (assuming one pair of speakers connected).

Thanks for responding. I did as you said and still nothing, although I did notice when I was on AM band my signal gauge moved, but not on FM. Still no sound at all though?

You will get a better response if you ask a Mod to move this to the Kenwood/Trio forum. Your gear is a receiver and probably not be under tuners. Start a conversation with RichPA and ask for the move. It will help you a lot.

Back
Top Bottom